Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

21 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Lots of negativity from Hibs fans today, another Hibs fan had harsh things to say about fellow Canada debutant Marcus Godinho in the Hearts thread

I can't comment on Godinho having only seen him once.

However, I've seen Witherspoon over 100 times and can tell you he's a fairweather player and a coward when the chips are down.

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

I can't comment on Godinho having only seen him once.

However, I've seen Witherspoon over 100 times and can tell you he's a fairweather player and a coward when the chips are down.

He's been OK but not great in this half, more enthusiasm than skill but that may be due to the fact that it is quite windy where they are playing (in Spain)

12 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

He's been OK but not great in this half, more enthusiasm than skill but that may be due to the fact that it is quite windy where they are playing (in Spain)

Cheers for letting us know how he got on, hopefully be a confidence boost for him. He's class when he's happy but when he gets low so does his performances. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Cheers for letting us know how he got on, hopefully be a confidence boost for him. He's class when he's happy but when he gets low so does his performances. 

We were the better team in the second half and deserved the 1-0 victory.  Wotherspoon worked hard but his crossing wasn't great.  Man of the Match was 18 year old striker/winger Liam Millar who is in the Liverpool youth system, he looks like he has a lot of potential

1 hour ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's a spineless coward, don't expect too much from him.

With an international cap and a Scottish cup winners medal. He really has done rather well for himself since joining his boyhood heros..He's always been Saints Minded..Plus one extra bonus it's got fans of his previous club seething that he has done so well for himself since escaping from them 

37 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

He's a skilful player. Just doesn't show it often enough.

40 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

His Name's Wotherspoon 

Auto correct.

43 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

With an international cap and a Scottish cup winners medal. He really has done rather well for himself since joining his boyhood heros..He's always been Saints Minded..Plus one extra bonus it's got fans of his previous club seething that he has done so well for himself since escaping from them 

Genuine question, not after an argument but how has he been this season with Saints struggling a bit?

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Auto correct.

Genuine question, not after an argument but how has he been this season with Saints struggling a bit?

He started on fire, picked up a knock, and has struggled since. We've always sort of needed a player to drag the team through tough spells. Swanson and MOH both obvious ones. Had hoped Wotherspoon could fill that gap as he obviously has the ability to do so, but he just never gets a consistent run of form going. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He started on fire, picked up a knock, and has struggled since. We've always sort of needed a player to drag the team through tough spells. Swanson and MOH both obvious ones. Had hoped Wotherspoon could fill that gap as he obviously has the ability to do so, but he just never gets a consistent run of form going. 

Don't hold your breath on that one. At Hibs he would hide in those situations.

I can't stand confidence players (prefer 7/10 Lewis Stevenson types) so I admit my judgement might be clouded.

Edited by Crawford Bridge

37 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Don't hold your breath on that one. At Hibs he would hide in those situations.

I can't stand confidence players (prefer 7/10 Lewis Stevenson types) so I admit my judgement might be clouded.

Hes been at us about five years now, I've no idea why youre trying to tell me what type of player he is

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes been at us about five years now, I've no idea why youre trying to tell me what type of player he is

Because you've been a good side for most of that, was interested to see how he was now you're struggling a bit but fair enough.

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Lewis Stevenson is a full back, David Wotherspoon is someone who is expected to be a creative spark. I can't think of any creative player who is a solid 7/10 sort.
David Wotherspoon won the cup at his boyhood club. He's also an absolute #baller on his day. Top boy.

FYI Stevenson was a midfielder and Wotherspoon was a fullback.

4 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Because you've been a good side for most of that, was interested to see how he was now you're struggling a bit but fair enough.

Hes always been this way, when hes good hes good, when hes bad hes bad. Waste of talent, really.