Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

32 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Beattie (okay lomas but I'm giving Wright some of the blame),Ilewumo, Fallon, Morgan and Johnstone. I can't decide the second worst behind Morgan.

We've had some brutal strikers since Wright's come to the club. Speaks volumes that MacLean's still the main man. Hopefully recruitment up front is finally right this year.

Johnstone doesn't belong on that list. Swap him for Sutton. 

Attacking options of Kane, McMillan, Schalk and a wildcard like Lewis Vaughan would do me. A big fucking gamble but it gives you a bit of everything and might actually promote some attacking play. Add in Darian Mackinnon, George Williams and MOH or Swanson again and we'd be looking like a different team.

Clark

Shaughnessy - Kerr - Anderson/Gordon - Tanser

MOH - Wotherspoon - Mackinnon - Williams

Kane - Schalk

With the likes of Scougall, McMillan and Vaughan as game changers.

Only weak spot is that central area, absolutely no idea who you get to replace Davidson, unless County firesale Draper upon relegation.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Attacking options of Kane, McMillan, Schalk and a wildcard like Lewis Vaughan would do me. A big fucking gamble but it gives you a bit of everything and might actually promote some attacking play. Add in Darian Mackinnon, George Williams and MOH or Swanson again and we'd be looking like a different team.

Clark

Shaughnessy - Kerr - Anderson/Gordon - Tanser

MOH - Wotherspoon - Mackinnon - Williams

Kane - Schalk

With the likes of Scougall, McMillan and Vaughan as game changers.

Only weak spot is that central area, absolutely no idea who you get to replace Davidson, unless County firesale Draper upon relegation.

:lol:

I love your optimism.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

:lol:

I love your optimism.

I fully expect it to be Ryan Dow and Denny Johnstone on permanent deals, and a whole Summer wasted hunting O'Halloran before he joins Motherwell.

Just now, tree house tam said:

If this actually happened I'd be doing a NDD.

It seems more plausible than what I was expecting, tbh.

Maclean gave us the greatest moment in supporting Saints we’ll ever have.

I’ll be gutted if he goes, but the chance of a better wage, and coaching opportunities at this stage in his career should be a no-brainer.

Just hope we get the recruitment right

You mean possibly hiring out of contract 35 year olds from middling Scottish Clubs is now classed as “Free-Spending”?

Spending a million quid on a hybrid pitch to go with your new multi million pound stand and offering more wages than us for a striker in his twilight.

Show some gratitude.

MacLean to Hearts will be confirmed "within 24 hours" according to some Edinburgh paper on Twitter.

Hopefully funnel that money towards Murray Davidson, who will be much harder to replace.

Cannot begrudge him that move at all. Let’s face it, he’s not exactly going to be playing a lot for Hearts and actually it’s probably a good thing for saints as the fans can give him a proper send off and it takes away that awkward question over sentimentality. As he really shouldn’t be playing next year. So yeah actually a good deal all round.

Now hands of Murray!

MacLean is without doubt my favourite ever St Johnstone player and shows what a lad he is that at the age of 35 he's about to sign a 2 year deal at Hearts. Mental!

His half time team talk against Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup Semi should be adorned over the walls of McDiarmid.

A great player with so much passion. Good luck to him!

I'm not ready for him to go. [emoji20]

It’s alright. You know he’ll be wheeled out for Chris Millard testimonial and Murray’s as well if he stays. He may be leaving, but he’ll most definitely not be forgotten in a hurray!