Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Word on the street that Hearts are looking at Macca for next season...............

I'd be very surprised if that was even remotely true.

However if it is, and it was four years ago I'd be pretty gutted. Now, not so much. 

Pinch of salt and all that

More money, a path into coaching and an easier commute. It makes sense for him to move to hearts. Especially if he’s getting offered reduced terms this summer as could well be the case. 

As Tam says, he's not earned a new deal.

Every saints fan would be gutted to see him go, but that's on sentiment, not reality.

He'll play 15 games for hearts if he's lucky, but it's too good an opportunity to turn down.

In years to come, Macca will be held in the same regard as Roddy, possibly higher, but he's finished and his wage could be much better spent.

Still want him to stay though.

Been brilliant, but he’s finished at this level.
This. Still think he could do a turn at championship level though.

Potentially a bit of an emotional day at the end of the season with a though legends away.

Mannus, Watson, Davidson, Millar and MacLean. 

If they all leave that's a huge fucking chunk of wages surely. Could be a good thing for TW. 

Come home Rory Fallon
Beattie (okay lomas but I'm giving Wright some of the blame),Ilewumo, Fallon, Morgan and Johnstone. I can't decide the second worst behind Morgan.

We've had some brutal strikers since Wright's come to the club. Speaks volumes that MacLean's still the main man. Hopefully recruitment up front is finally right this year.