Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, Radford said:

Last season we ended up sharing a strip with Breadalbane Amateurs from Aberfeldy. But they weren't sponsored by a used car dealer at least. This season we're sharing a sponsor with Luncarty ASC. Not even the Junior club but amateurs, wearing a strip that will be made by a company no one has heard of.

This is going to to be horrific and I for one can't wait to see it!

As part of the MKM family we'll not just be rubbing shoulders with Luncarty, but also big guns such as Goole AFC, Ripon City, Haverhill Rovers, Dereham Town and Wickford Town U13s  :lol:

How much do these deals actually bank the club if Swiss Tony and now a serial amateur/youth team sponsor can afford to get on the front of our kits? And MKM's involvement with all these other clubs means they probably made the first move. Is there anybody in a business development role at the club? It shouldn't be this hard to get a recognisable sponsor

Add in the sad yellow patch and it almost guarantees this year's kit is going to turn the cringe level up to eleven. Come back Storrar, the silly little saltires don't seem quite so bad now :wub:

12729278_161983834184163_5277830219442091821_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGFB8gngtHNfbUJPZqZy-ZreRIL8f0n3yc2CSZXfL6OTxIT7iZmDp7VSiM2ebcYVYSZdmZVvEvOdZHM3Nn8YNC0G4eFjFRjp3G5JW-eyEHk9g&oh=80d6b137da3c51e04770c0437c3f06a6&oe=5B8BA05D  DSC_0566.jpg

3433834410.jpg image_5aa6b2aab687d.jpg&w=820&t=fit&q=85 

Edited by Stelling

I don’t care that much what the Dundee strip is like, it’s A Dundee strip, that’s enough for me. But to some folk like Jama it’s very important and I get that too. Supposing the club had to fund the whole thing themselves, got this fans involved, gave them a strip they had chosen. Surely more fans would buy a replica top under those circumstances, more fan ‘buy in’ all round. Even if funding the whole thing cost the club £20 grand, to me that would be a worthwhile punt. If it’s an utter flop, well you don’t repeat it but all provincial clubs surely need to get more fans on side?

I'm convinced this has to be one superb wind up and we'll reveal an excellent plain, genuine royal blue top with MKM Building Supplies all in white lettering and no box.  No problem at all.

MKM are a pretty huge firm tbh, they’ve spawn plenty of smaller subsidiaries too. I’m not bother who pays the money to be on our top, so long as it’s a decent amount.

20 minutes ago, Widge said:

MKM are a pretty huge firm tbh, they’ve spawn plenty of smaller subsidiaries too. I’m not bother who pays the money to be on our top, so long as it’s a decent amount.

Nah, unless it's a mammoth amount you're better getting a sponsor who won't ruin a top. You make money off sales and having folk, especially kids, wearing the top helps promote the club amongst groups of people. We don't want to reach the stage where nobody in Perth ever wears a current Saints top, a lot of folk as it is haven't bothered with the last few out of anything more than habit. 

25 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

And the proper crest, as sported by Roddy in the top picture.

I'm not sure its allowed to be used anymore, under this Lord Lyon shite.