Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Watt is shite, Kane is shite, Shaugnessy can f**k off to Aberdeen, what’s Tommy Wright actually done? Took Lomas team and got lucky with a cup win. Callum Hendry needs to start. Tommy out. Gutless and spineless. 

Joe can f**k off to Aberdeen imo, the rest not so much. 

I think the important thing is to remember who we've played. The teams took a battering from Celtic the last few games and it's knocked us off our stride. It highlighted the lack of pace we have compared to Celtic. A real test of Tommy to see if he can lift them now for the next few games. Need a huge performance against Rangers. 

Just now, ali_91 said:

What was the battle of the champions again? Sounds like a classic Dundee day out. Deeagles and Saints winning the cup are obviously both classics, sure they wouldn’t like to pick a favourite. 

When they won a diddy league and played Manchester City reserves in a friendly they billed it as battle of the Champions or a battle of Britain or some pish.

The manner of the defeats to hearts, Hamilton & today are what hurt. The two 2-0 Celtic games were (to me) acceptable and reflective of the gulf. If we can go next weekend and give a real good go even if we lose, I’ll be much happier. They got credit earlier on this season and rightly so. They shouldn’t be exempt when performances are this poor.

14 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Watt is shite, Kane is shite, Shaugnessy can f**k off to Aberdeen, what’s Tommy Wright actually done? Took Lomas team and got lucky with a cup win. Callum Hendry needs to start. Tommy out. Gutless and spineless. 

^ Been on Facebook, IMO.

24 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Good to see the wee fermers back to their usual shite after a wee purple patch.

Yep. Just the TWENTY TWO points clear of Dundee. Embarrassing. 

I think I’d be looking to refresh our midfield options in the summer if at all possible. Goss, Wotherspoon and Alston are the only players out of contract in there so it may be that we have to let them go to get that, but we really need to find someone who can get their foot on the ball and dictate the game. It always looked like the achillies heel in our squad and Nydam didn’t address it and whilst Goss may, it’s unlikely he will be with us next season. All of our permanent, contracted options in there are either spoilers or box to box, high energy types but they all have the same thing in common - they’re all pants at retaining possession. I think all of our attacking players would benefit from a player or two who can build moves better than what we currently have. 

Probably easier me saying that than tommy finding a suitable player for that role but I think we need to at least try for someone in that mold. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yep. Just the TWENTY TWO points clear of Dundee. Embarrassing. 

I think I’d be looking to refresh our midfield options in the summer if at all possible. Goss, Wotherspoon and Alston are the only players out of contract in there so it may be that we have to let them go to get that, but we really need to find someone who can get their foot on the ball and dictate the game. It always looked like the achillies heel in our squad and Nydam didn’t address it and whilst Goss may, it’s unlikely he will be with us next season. All of our permanent, contracted options in there are either spoilers or box to box, high energy types but they all have the same thing in common - they’re all pants at retaining possession. I think all of our attacking players would benefit from a player or two who can build moves better than what we currently have. 

Probably easier me saying that than tommy finding a suitable player for that role but I think we need to at least try for someone in that mold. 

9-0 in 11 days.

Yikes.

27 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It’s fucking mental on there, was on for five minutes and got that material, sure if I read the comments on the posts my head would explode. 

Its crazy, WAP heading the same way, I'd imagine.

Just waiting on the "Tommy Out" thread being bumped.

1 minute ago, Chewing Taffies said:

you boys are not taking this well  :lol:

Unlike Dundee, we’re not accustomed to losing every week. Can you give us some tips on how to cope with such abject failure please? 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Dundee fans able to come on and try and troll instead of being in Aberdeen because a St Johnstone reject scored a hat trick to make it 109 (one hundred and nine) years of hurt. 

Kyle's fucking lost the plot and the above post makes absolutely zero sense.

I can sense the seethe.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kyle's fucking lost the plot and the above post makes absolutely zero sense.

I can sense the seethe.

Too right I’ve lost the plot and we’re all raging. We’ve Dundee’d our last 5 matches. Still 22 (TWENTY TWO) points clear of you lot mind, but this run is not acceptable for born winners like ourselves. 

I mean, Dundee haven't finished above us for a decade, and haven't achieved anything of note for about 40 years, yet every time Celtic thump us, they're on this thread proclaiming some form of victory.

Odd bunch.

Just now, Kyle said:

Too right I’ve lost the plot and we’re all raging. We’ve Dundee’d our last 5 matches. Still 22 (TWENTY TWO) points clear of you lot mind, but this run is not acceptable for born winners like ourselves. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, Dundee haven't finished above us for a decade, and haven't achieved anything of note for about 40 years, yet every time Celtic thump us, they're on this thread proclaiming some form of victory.

Odd bunch.

I'm not - I just think you lads need to calm right down.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Odd bunch.

Celtic must be their big team. They need one given our shite their own club has been since before most of them were born.