Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Regarding Spoony's performance, I thought it was embarrassing when he came on with fresh legs and Broonie, who had played for over an hour, left him for dead.

And no, I'm not a boo boy, I just don't understand how a fit looking young laddie can be so slow.

I could get as fit as humanly possible and still not get near Usain Bolt. Scott Brown probably doesn't have the skill that Spoony does,  aye, overall he's a better player but every single person is different with a different skill set. If he was quicker he'd probably not  be at Saints. 

He was impressive at McDiarmid playing as a right CB/right back.

Wouldn't be against that at all, but it probably suggests Shaughnessy is gone.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:
27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Let's face it, if Aberdeen want Joe they'll probably get him.

Looks like they need him too judging by the score tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

How many players have left Saints and have been a success at the so called bigger clubs that they have gone to ?? Craig,O'Halloran,May, Swanson....?? 

Jason Scotland I think? Only one who instantly springs to mind.

Folk like Marcus Maddison/Gwion Edwards did in a roundabout sort of way.

23 minutes ago, The Marly said:
38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Let's face it, if Aberdeen want Joe they'll probably get him.

Yeah sadly seems to be the case.

Won't stop me absolutely deluding myself he'll sign a new deal until it's announced though.

1 minute ago, The Woolshed said:

Results like that tonight you wouldn’t think would help our case in convincing Watt, Joe etc to stay with us. Shocker

Both of them have to take their share of responsibility for the defeat. Probably Joe’s worst game for us and watt didn’t look interested, frankly. Deservedly hooked. 

I wasn’t there so can’t comment on that. Just on signing new deals. Whilst I’ve no reason to doubt you, both are still fully deserving of a new (& probably) improved deal. I’ll be surprised if either stay on and whilst they’ve been on the whole very good this year, I actually think we’d manage just fine. The team would adapt and our stacking style no doubt alter. But there’s still enough quality within the squad. I think top 6 is going to be a struggle now though, Hibs have two of the bottom 3 and Motherwell are flying. Our next 3 are huge and frustratingly difficult games.

8 hours ago, The Woolshed said:

Results like that tonight you wouldn’t think would help our case in convincing Watt, Joe etc to stay with us. Shocker

Joe was the cause of both goals, identical goals at that. Striker simply runs away from him at the near post and he's too busy ball watching to move with him.

Second could be cut out by Kerr, but he can't have had a shout so has no idea the strikers coming behind him.

Watts doing what MacLean did, so frustrated at not getting chances he's all over the pitch desperately trying to get involved.

My feeling at the game was that Kerr, Shaughnessy and Clark all left the second one for each other. I don't think there's much Clark could do and Kerr was covering his man. For me it should've been Shaughnessy getting in ahead of Oakley, who looks a real handful but I wouldn't say he has lightening pace to get away from someone like Joe as easily as he did.

We were all over the place last night. Considering the improvement we saw on Sunday, I'm surprised the manager opted to change the shape in such a significant way. I worry that we're trying to shoehorn players into the team and we're over complicating things as a result. 

It was nice to see Liam Craig play (well) on the left wing again though - very 2010.  

I had the feeling Joe looked demob happy last night, seemed full of smiles and the game seemed incidental. 

In fact it seemed like a training game to me for large parts of the match. 

Dont' think that it's season over if we lose on Sunday, the top 6 race will still be alive, even if we have to come from behind. 

51 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I had the feeling Joe looked demob happy last night, seemed full of smiles and the game seemed incidental. 

It feels very reactionary to say it, but you wonder if this is the beginning of Shaughnessy taking his eye of the ball with us, and we'll see more concentration errors from him going forwards.

You wonder, with Shaughnessy maybe about to decline, and Watt struggling, whether at the end of the season we'll be regretting letting Anderson and McMillan go.