Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Despite what's been reported to in the press, there is at least two players who's contract is up in the summer who have not even had one discussion about extension. One of them shocks me. No idea what brown is playing at leaving talks so late. I know hibs and Dundee have already been in contact ( it's not Swanson ) with one of them.

If it really is Shaughnessy, I'll be gutted

If it really is Shaughnessy, I'll be gutted

It'll be Mannus, which doesn't really bother me that much. I'd rather he played than Zander, but it's good we're giving him a chance to improve.

Big Joe will sign again, as will the likes of Easton. The only person who's out of contract that there's a slight doubt about it Swanson. Even then I actually think he'll sign eventually. His wife will see to that. :lol:

Despite what's been reported to in the press, there is at least two players who's contract is up in the summer who have not even had one discussion about extension. One of them shocks me. No idea what brown is playing at leaving talks so late. I know hibs and Dundee have already been in contact ( it's not Swanson ) with one of them.

Get it spilled.

His name was Anthony Petrilli. He left PSG's second side in the summer and joined FC Trelissac in the fourth tier of the French pyramid, which is the same level he was playing at. The club are struggling but he has 7 goals in 14 league game.

Not sure he'll be giving TW many sleepless nights but factually he was indeed attached to one of Europe's top clubs.

His name was Anthony Petrilli. He left PSG's second side in the summer and joined FC Trelissac in the fourth tier of the French pyramid, which is the same level he was playing at. The club are struggling but he has 7 goals in 14 league game.
Not sure he'll be giving TW many sleepless nights but factually he was indeed attached to one of Europe's top clubs.

Thanks Redford. His agent is from Perth and now works in France. As I said at the time, it was agent who was trying to get Saints to have a look at him at the tail end of the season.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt we'd be after Shaughnessy. Easton and Mannus - potentially. Even MacLean would be more likely than Shaughnessy as we are more than covered at CH.

We're also apparently after Considine too. If that were true, I don't think the Easton thing would happen as I think that would indicate that Hartley would be more keen in finding someone who isn't primarily a left back but has the versatility to cover.

Have a feeling Julen will be moved on, doubt Gomis will stay and McPake is a total unknown (I'm pretty sure his new contract must have contained a sizable wage reduction and was with a view to coaching responsibilities or else it makes zero sense) so there may be potential for a couple of defensive reinforcements in yet. Do agree though that it's unlikely since it isn't a priority at the current minute and we don't have a clear landscape. I'd also think that Hartley would go for at least one player who is maybe a bit more of a development option from down the leagues (maybe O'Ware or a McGeever type) as he may fancy himself to find someone with a bit more potential and long term value.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

We're also apparently after Considine too. If that were true, I don't think the Easton thing would happen as I think that would indicate that Hartley would be more keen in finding someone who isn't primarily a left back but has the versatility to cover.

Have a feeling Julen will be moved on, doubt Gomis will stay and McPake is a total unknown (I'm pretty sure his new contract must have contained a sizable wage reduction and was with a view to coaching responsibilities or else it makes zero sense) so there may be potential for a couple of defensive reinforcements in yet. Do agree though that it's unlikely since it isn't a priority at the current minute and we don't have a clear landscape. I'd also think that Hartley would go for at least one player who is maybe a bit more of a development option from down the leagues (maybe O'Ware or a McGeever type) as he may fancy himself to find someone with a bit more potential and long term value.

Very interesting. 

Now f**k off back to the Dundee thread.

Craig Thomson returns to us having played 21 games in League 1. Ready to have any impact for us or do you think he may end up out on loan elsewhere?

I'll no doubt get utterly hounded for this, but I'd rather we just negotiated his release. He's clearly not good enough and really needs to avoid becoming similar to Caddis.

If he hadn't hit form when we desperately needing a right winger, he'd probably have left in the summer.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll no doubt get utterly hounded for this, but I'd rather we just negotiated his release. He's clearly not good enough and really needs to avoid becoming similar to Caddis.

If he hadn't hit form when we desperately needing a right winger, he'd probably have left in the summer.

Kind of agree. Give him till end of season then if he doesn't  shape up, release. May seem harsh but at a club like saints we can't have too many passengers if we're to maintain being one of the top 5 teams in the country.

Thomson can't play for anyone else this season as he featured for Saints in the Betfred Cup, so he's got a few months to try and show his worth. Suppose you'd need to know who has ended the arrangement but could be that Tommy Wright feels he can offer something, as he'll still have been seeing him in training most days? Although trying to bring O'Halloran back doesn't support that.

Thought he was making an impact off the bench before he got his first start but never really kicked on and didn't take his chance at the start of this season against Brechin, when he was very disappointing. Would be surprised if he makes it at Saints but we've made mistakes in the past when not giving players a chance after loan spells.

How does this amount of teams you can play for work out? is it two teams per season if so how can Scott Allan be looking at another team to be loaned to, Also Commons is another one? Joe Gormley can not play for any one else this season seemingly  as he played for Peterbourgh and Saints.

I must admit I thought it was three teams including your parent club.???????