Evening Times Champions' Cup 2016

archieb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a quick tournament. How did Talbot and Cumnock manage to get to the semi final so quick and where did Renfrew come from to get to the final lol.

Competition is solely for the League Winners.

Shettleston & Kilwinning playoffs are Wednesday + FRIDAY.

Blazers so keen to big-up this (non) tournament that they block (far more important) fixtures from being on ET Final Saturday? Ridiculous !

1st time we qualified for it we sent a team of trialists down to Auchinleck on the Monday after the west final & got pumped with 1 fan there . All clubs should treat it with the same disdain

A trophy is a trophy and I Defo think its aesthetically the best in the juniors. I realise that the end of season fixture pile up can put people off but as its now reserved for league winners you think teams would want to go all out to add another piece of silver wear. Ourselves, Blantyre and Talbot certainly did last season.

A trophy is a trophy and I Defo think its aesthetically the best in the juniors. I realise that the end of season fixture pile up can put people off but as its now reserved for league winners you think teams would want to go all out to add another piece of silver wear. Ourselves, Blantyre and Talbot certainly did last season.

No it's not aesthetically the best in the juniors .

That award without a shadow of a doubt goes to the scottish junior cup trophy , the two tiers it sits on and the whole presence and look of it tells me that it's the most artistic piece of beauty at our level . It's simply a stunning looking trophy . :)

Shettleston & Kilwinning playoffs are Wednesday + FRIDAY.

Blazers so keen to big-up this (non) tournament that they block (far more important) fixtures from being on ET Final Saturday? Ridiculous ! 

similarly, Central League Cup & Ayrshire Cup finals on Wed 15 & Thurs 16 to ensure ET Final is the only game on that day

It's at the absolute bottom of the silverware foodchain though. 

If the team that won the bottom division beats Talbot in the final does it prove they're better than Talbot in any way shape or form? Does it bawz. 

It's an utterly pointless affair with little or no merit attached to winning it.

Talbot had just won the Junior Cup and half the team were away on Martin McGoldricks stag do, We had to draft in players just to play in this game (and one of them got sent off) so no Talbot didn't make it high priority.

I understand Glasgow teams see it as important trophy as they have always played for it but it doesn't have any history in Ayrshire so we just see it as a nuisance

We used to play the Various regions in Ayrshire cups ie North , East & South & the winners of them would play the Suoer cup . This was regarded as a farce & the top teams pulled out & it was quickly disbanded . Same treatment should happen to this outdated waste of time .

I remember going to watch Dalry v Lugar at Troon when it had more teams in it. But it had dragged the season out for both these teams and it quickly became evident that none of them wanted to be there. A boring game of non-football ended in a draw. The penalty shoot-out was farcical with both sets of players missing penalty after penalty until one poor unfortunate hit a decent shot that allowed the goalie to dive the 'wrong' way.

First time I've ever seen a team happy to lose out in a penalty shoot out.

I'm with Jack,I also think it's the best looking of all the Junior trophies

Personally I'd like to see something along the lines of the old National Dryburgh Cup.Take the three super league winners and the Scottish cup holders.Play the matches preseason at a neutral venue.Something like Beith v Banks of Dee at Sauchie and Talbot v Bonnyrigg at say Cumbernauld or Kilsyth.

No it's not aesthetically the best in the juniors .

That award without a shadow of a doubt goes to the scottish junior cup trophy , the two tiers it sits on and the whole presence and look of it tells me that it's the most artistic piece of beauty at our level . It's simply a stunning looking trophy . :)

It must be........ love,love,love......nothing more,nothing less this cups the best.

It must be........ love,love,love......nothing more,nothing less this cups the best.

Absolutely loved winning the west and league back to back but nothing can ever live with Sunday and THAT feeling .

Not trying to disrespect our players who won the west and league back to back and lots of them are still personal friends of mines ï¸however winning the Scottish and the celebrations were truly unique :)

Anyway you're a Talbot fan mate and there is no need for me to try and tell you scottish cup experts how it feels :)

Absolutely loved winning the west and league back to back but nothing can ever live with Sunday and THAT feeling .

Not trying to disrespect our players who won the west and league back to back and lots of them are still personal friends of mines ï¸however winning the Scottish and the celebrations were truly unique :)

Anyway you're a Talbot fan mate and there is no need for me to try and tell you scottish cup experts how it feels :)

funny story that all the beith ones always said the Scottish wasn't a patch on winning the league oh how they change there wee minds

Not trying to disrespect our players who won the west and league back to back and lots of them are still personal friends of mines however winning the Scottish and the celebrations were truly unique :)

Ahem and league experts if you don't mind.☺☺☺☺.look,a perfect row.

Yes I have seen the Scottish, but to me personally the evening times is a much nicer looking trophy. Obviously the Scottish is worth far more and you'd rather win that any season, my point was that it's a nice trophy and it's a competition I personally enjoy seeing my team in. If the opinion is different, seemingly mostly in Ayrshire, then fair enough but I'd hate to see it scrapped. Fair enough moving it to pre season though.

Team that won Scottish is nowhere near level of team that won league.

Archived