What Culture

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see they have sold out the first show for their new promotion and have added a second night in the same venue(which strangely is the day before so I guess that now becomes their first show  :wacko:) they've also announced that they will be producing a weekly wrestling show as well as monthly specials and that they will all be shown on Youtube.

YouTube not meant to be notoriously difficult to make money from unless you're one of the truly top draws? Whatculture is pretty big but they've got a fair amount of staff to cover and now they'll be renting out an arena/hall every week and employing full time wrestlers whilst producing a watchable show and consistently reeling in fans? I'm not sure it's viable. I do think it's something fresh and interesting though so fair play to them. I'll probably tune in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a not bad show last night, certainly good for their first "PPV".  RoH title match was good, Primate vs Coffey was good fun to watch with them fighting around the arena, including the bar staff looking like they had no idea what was going on.  Main event wasn't the greatest match, but a good ending story-wise.

• 2 weeks later...
People slagged TNA for bringing in washed up stars but that's basically what they are doing

Not having that.

They're an online YouTube group who are just fans at heart and putting on shows that have the perfect blend of nostalgia and quality wrestling whilst not taking themselves too seriously.

The wrestlers that they have brought in that are past it - I can only assume you mean Angle as he's the only guy they've brought in that can be described as 'past it' - is an incredible coup to draw a crowd in the UK for a couple of shows. Same with Bischoff as 'one night only manager'.

For a diddy YouTube channel they're certainly making a name for themselves and indeed for British wrestling at the moment.

Not having that.

They're an online YouTube group who are just fans at heart and putting on shows that have the perfect blend of nostalgia and quality wrestling whilst not taking themselves too seriously.

The wrestlers that they have brought in that are past it - I can only assume you mean Angle as he's the only guy they've brought in that can be described as 'past it' - is an incredible coup to draw a crowd in the UK for a couple of shows. Same with Bischoff as 'one night only manager'.

For a diddy YouTube channel they're certainly making a name for themselves and indeed for British wrestling at the moment.

Im a fan of what they are doing, but they can't slag TNA for doing the same, that would be hypocritical. If they are looking to grow, bringing all these people( Bischoff, Rhodes, Sandow and Angle) for a short term gain is again the same that TNA did with Hogan etc

Im a fan of what they are doing, but they can't slag TNA for doing the same, that would be hypocritical. If they are looking to grow, bringing all these people( Bischoff, Rhodes, Sandow and Angle) for a short term gain is again the same that TNA did with Hogan etc

TNA could have built around the older stars. Instead they made them the focus.

Angle appearing for a couple of shows in the UK is entirely different to TNA trying to build their whole company around Hogan and had him in every storyline.

A touring company like WCPW which is what I think they intend on being, need a star or two to draw in crowds and showcase their own talent.

Archived