The Annan Athletic 2016/17 thread

Without sounding a girn where are these signings announced!
We don't seem to have a consistent method of informing the punters.
Get your act together Annan!

Facebook page, twitter feed and official website all have the signings announced so far. I don't know where else you would like it posted?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, robbiep said:

1b6218788dc0c2bed453a9a5de607575.jpg

19 hours ago, robbiep said:

c15f4d2606e03028fbb38365facbd2bd.jpg

Good Lord, how do you deal with that font? My eyes want to drop onto my keyboard and roll away, and I've only glanced at it for a matter of seconds.

How was Nathan Flanagan for you guys last season? See he has been promoted to our 1st team.

Very good when on the ball can go past players for fun and a good delivery on him. Needs a bit more muscle on him but in my opinion a hugely promising player.

15 minutes ago, robbiep said:

Very good when on the ball can go past players for fun and a good delivery on him. Needs a bit more muscle on him but in my opinion a hugely promising player.

Thanks mate.

More promising than Josh Todd when he was with you? Was Todd played up top for you? Noticed his goal to game ratio for you was decent.

Thanks mate.
More promising than Josh Todd when he was with you? Was Todd played up top for you? Noticed his goal to game ratio for you was decent.

Todd played best just of the main striker but I'd say Flannigan is potentially a step above.

Not quite so sure about a step above. Todd proved himself for a few seasons at Annan before getting his break, Flanagan was pinky with a few months. As said Todds best played off the striker or slightly wider.
Flanagan did show flashes of brilliance but needs to produce more consistently to make it at a higher level. Certainly got the talent though.

Not quite so sure about a step above. Todd proved himself for a few seasons at Annan before getting his break, Flanagan was pinky with a few months. As said Todds best played off the striker or slightly wider.
Flanagan did show flashes of brilliance but needs to produce more consistently to make it at a higher level. Certainly got the talent though.

I agree which is why I said potentially as he was at times inconsistent although I do think Flannigan was much more keen to get to the by-line and put the ball in the box whereas Todd would always end up going backwards.

Don't get me wrong I'd have Todd back in a heartbeat

Archived