Peterhead FC 2016/17

Why's everyone so down in Peterhead? Made the playoffs and a cup final, nearly as bad as airdrie fans

Losing 8 games in a row with fairly abysmal performances ruined everyone's good spirit. We also have a couple of players who haven't been up to scratch for since we came up to League 1 who the manager keeps choosing and has offered new contracts to. Not a lot of transfer news either at the moment so not sure what our squad currently stands at tbh. Apart from that it is all good :lol:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing 8 games in a row with fairly abysmal performances ruined everyone's good spirit. We also have a couple of players who haven't been up to scratch for since we came up to League 1 who the manager keeps choosing and has offered new contracts to. Not a lot of transfer news either at the moment so not sure what our squad currently stands at tbh. Apart from that it is all good :lol:

Yeah yous are quiet with the signings but do yous not have most players under contract anyway?

Some contracts due to be signed this weekend I believe, apart from that think most of us are happy to trust Jim to get a squad together. We don't have a lot of posters on here which maybe cuts down on the in fighting between folk from the same club which seems to happen a lot on here.

That's hit the nail on the head NewBlue and what I was meaning in my original post. Too much hype and publicity about reaching a final and the play-offs followed by throwing in the towel  long before the season ended soured the hopes of lots of people. I agree that several players should have been moved on or else it will be the same old, same old story with no end product.

While am sure the Petrofac Final was a good thing for club finances & a great occasion for supporters & players think it did affect the way we ended the season. That and a play-off place sorted a few weeks before led to a bit of tinkering with a winning team & when the unbeaten run ended we never got going again. The biggest disappointment was letting the 1st leg against Ayr getting away from us the way it did, what we lacked then & have done for sometime is a real leader on the park which is something that needs addressed asap. As for the coming season as mentioned before am happy Jim will try & get as good a squad together as possible & think will have learned the lesson of having a more balanced squad this season as playing many games with hardly any defenders did catch up with us in the end. Have tended to start the league slowly for a number of years so would be good to get going sooner this season with the aim of ending it on top with play-offs again being seen as the alternative. 

While am sure the Petrofac Final was a good thing for club finances & a great occasion for supporters & players think it did affect the way we ended the season. That and a play-off place sorted a few weeks before led to a bit of tinkering with a winning team & when the unbeaten run ended we never got going again. The biggest disappointment was letting the 1st leg against Ayr getting away from us the way it did, what we lacked then & have done for sometime is a real leader on the park which is something that needs addressed asap. As for the coming season as mentioned before am happy Jim will try & get as good a squad together as possible & think will have learned the lesson of having a more balanced squad this season as playing many games with hardly any defenders did catch up with us in the end. Have tended to start the league slowly for a number of years so would be good to get going sooner this season with the aim of ending it on top with play-offs again being seen as the alternative. 

If Jim was trying to get as good a squad together as possible he would not have offered everyone contracts before the end of the season.

Regardless of our appearance in the Final and play-off place, it has been obvious to many supporters that there are positions in the team that could be improved and quite easily in terms of ability.  Jim's failure is, and has always been, that he shows players too much loyalty.  I don't want loyalty, I want a team that will give 100% every game.

Did have a good spell for a while with us & definitely has a bit of class but sometimes does not look bothered. Was said to be hoping for a return to full time but cannot see much of a queue forming to make that happen. City fans should know what to expect as similar things seemed to be mentioned before he left them last season

Sutherland is coming back to Elgin. How did he get on last season?

To be honest, he is a classy player that knows where the goals are, however, he is a bit lumbering and one paced who tends to hide until the team gets on top. Certainly won't be missed at Balmoor!!

He seemed a good player after a slow start. Was shoehorned into midfield a lot which didn't seem to suit him. Proved he can cut it at this level though and I would have been happy to see him stay another season.

Peterhead are money. Some of the wages flying about up there should have them challenging for the league this season.

We were paying the same wages last season :( We don't have a proper youth set up so I think pretty much all the money goes into the first team, although not sure what that will do for us in the long run.

Stuart Milne, the boy who does the Football Manager stats, was going on about Rory McAllister being on over a grand a week on twitter a few weeks back.

I'm still laughing.

No where near that. I believe he was on something like £650 a week when he first came to us but his wage came down last time his contract was re done. He did have a decent goal bonus though, not sure what that is now.

My neighbours an ex senior played at various teams he told me bobby mann was on £700 a week a few years ago could be a load of shit though!

700 pies a week more like going by the size of him when he played for us.

Bobby Mann was a great player for us and well worth £700 or 700 pies a week. He could probably still get a game in our defence which was a shambles toward the end of the season.

Aye he was good. Lost his touch towards the end though but we could do with a CB who could really organise a defence.

Archived