Cup Final

lonewolfie

I think it was the right call. It's bad enough playing on a monster 3 g pitch but it was 23 pitch side all game. Many of the boys were carrying wee knocks so for me the right call and one I'd stick with in future. Both teams knew the rules before they went in.

He signed for Beith in January and played regularly from February. Did very well yesterday as he turned his ankle very badly in the first 5 but could not come off as Beith had already lost their main midfielder to injury. Very hard to dislodge the Hurlford right back and a lesson to all young boys - go somewhere you will get a game. Great to see to other Hurlford boys getting a medal - WILSON and Watt.

I don't believe the clubs were involved in any vote.

Quite possibly, but the fact remains that it must have been presented as a proposal at last year's AGM, and if nobody puts up an amendment to it then it would be carried without a vote being taken.

He signed for Beith in January and played regularly from February. Did very well yesterday as he turned his ankle very badly in the first 5 but could not come off as Beith had already lost their main midfielder to injury. Very hard to dislodge the Hurlford right back and a lesson to all young boys - go somewhere you will get a game. Great to see to other Hurlford boys getting a medal - WILSON and Watt.

He must have played as a trialist then  before signing ?

This is a joke.how did this stay quiet so long? was it known when teams agreed to take part in the competition?

It is a football tournament after all not a penalty contest! Penalties should be used as the last resort to split the teams.

This needs sorted for next season proto.if the fans dont agree they should put it to their clubs to take up their case.it would only take a few top clubs to pull out of the cup to grab the attention of the beaks.if their hands have been tied in some way then enlighten us.we are all ears but nobody is talking.

This on top of a fixtures list would help the paying fans attend games more often and be able to have a work,life,football relationship.why do I feel like oliver asking for more when,if other businesses went on like this they would be out of the game!.........there an idea why no decide the winners with a game of wawie! Am done.

21. In the event of the Semi-Finals played over one leg or Final tie

resulting in a draw, then the penalty kick system will be used to

determine the winner. NB No extra time. The penalty kick system

will be in accordance with the conditions laid down by the

International Football Board.

Rule book. Page 18

The clubs must have agreed with it.

(before any of you go off, remember that Vale of Leven once had a Shinty section

Vale of Leven were a shinty club that started up a football section in 1872 (ref. "the Boys from Leven's Winding Shore" Page 3

Similarly Queens Park were a cricket club who wanted a game to play during the winter months, they imported the game from England and played in the FA cup for a few years. On one occasion they reached the semi-final stage but it was a drawn game on the saturday. The replay was to be played on the Monday but QP scrathed from the tournament as their players (all professional men), had to back in their offices on Monday morning. That is a rather better excuse than BBC Alba having a shinty match scheduled to follow the Junior cup final. How often have the BBC put back other programmes in order to show extra time on rubbish like the Eurovision song contest?

He played as a trialist in one friendly match on the same night he signed in January.

Cheers for that The first match we played in 2016 was in the Scottish cup at Scone and can remember asking why he was not playing thinking that he might have been cup tied so that made me think it was December as l thought I had seen him play before that

21. In the event of the Semi-Finals played over one leg or Final tie

resulting in a draw, then the penalty kick system will be used to

determine the winner. NB No extra time. The penalty kick system

will be in accordance with the conditions laid down by the

International Football Board.

Rule book. Page 18

The clubs must have agreed with it.

Thanks for the info but it doesn't make it the correct choice to make.from schoolboy football to the champions league final penalties are described as a lottery and in my opinion should be used as a last resort.maybe it's just me?

Thanks for the info but it doesn't make it the correct choice to make.from schoolboy football to the champions league final penalties are described as a lottery and in my opinion should be used as a last resort.maybe it's just me?

Should have been extra time. It's adult football and doesn't paint the grade in a good light. Straight to pens is ideal if it's after a second leg ( the semis) but not after a one off 90 mins.

Would add though that pens aren't a lottery. The come down to technique and nerve at a specific skill and as such the team with the players that can show these characteristics are the team that wins. The lottery thing is often used to explain why a team that should have won before pens lost out in a shootout.

Archived