2016/17 fixture list

What's happened? Why are Thistle and Motherwell getting slated? Can't be arsed going a few pages back.

Genuine question.

Only getting their chance to w**k the Old Firm cock twice rather than three/four times like some other clubs.

Embarrassing.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only getting their chance to w**k the Old Firm cock twice rather than three/four times like some other clubs.

Embarrassing.

And they are kicking up a fuss about that then I take it?

Can't really argue with the fixture list in all honesty. These things happen.

And they are kicking up a fuss about that then I take it?

Can't really argue with the fixture list in all honesty. These things happen.

I'm more upset about all three Thistle vs Dundee fixtures being midweek. WTF is that all about?

I'm more upset about all three Thistle vs Dundee fixtures being midweek. WTF is that all about?

Genuine question but out with the top four(Old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts) who's likely to bring the biggest support? I'd take a punt and say Killie out of the remaining seven.

Just bad luck it seems. Doubt there's some conspiracy going on.

No conspiracy but there certainly seems to be a few anomalies?

When did the champions of the top flight last have their first game scheduled away from home, for instance?

No conspiracy but there certainly seems to be a few anomalies?

When did the champions of the top flight last have their first game scheduled away from home, for instance?

Your last point is something you could write to the SPFL about, as that is bizarre.

The other anomalies you mention can pop up in the case of a supposedly random generated fixture list.

Genuine question but out with the top four(Old firm, Aberdeen and Hearts) who's likely to bring the biggest support? I'd take a punt and say Killie out of the remaining seven.

To Firhill? It's hard to say. Killie have brought decent crowds and pretty poor crowds as they have been pretty poor over the last three seasons.

If something at stake Killie and Motherwell would probably bring 700-1000.

Dundee would bring 500-700. For some reason the DABs brought very decent supports until they were utter shite last season.

What's happened? Why are Thistle and Motherwell getting slated? Can't be arsed going a few pages back.

Genuine question.

TL,DR

SPFL have basically treated Rangers as United's direct replacement.

MFC, PTFC & Accies fixture have given them 1 home game against each of the OF. So 2 bigger home gates pre-split.

Other teams have 2 + 2 against each because of the way the fixtures fall. So the argument is that these clubs are gaining an advantage financially because they're getting more home games pre-split vs the OF. Thistle have quoted a figure of £120k.

Prior to Rangers demise it's been suggested that there was a general unwritten (or possibly written idk) rule that each non-OF side would get parity of 3 home gates vs the OF by various permutations 1 vs Celtic, 2 vs Rangers and vice versa so essentially there was a perceived parity.

It seems neither MFC or PTFC decided to check as to whether SPFL would simply have Rangers replace United and instead cracked on with their budgets on the assumption that SPFL would revert to the same set up as 5 years ago rather than, you know, the same process as last year.

Upshot is that it appears MFC & PTFC have fucked their budgets and are chucking toys out the pram everywhere and blaming the SPFL for their misjudgement in budget planning.

Both have released statements of varying degrees of cringe and in MFCs case are trying to bluster their way through it without admitting that they seem to have just went ahead on assumptions rather than getting clarification from the organising body.

TL,DR

SPFL have basically treated Rangers as United's direct replacement.

MFC, PTFC & Accies fixture have given them 1 home game against each of the OF. So 2 home bigger home gates pre-split.

Other teams have 2 + 2 against each because of the way the fixtures fall. So the argument is that these clubs are gaining an advantage financially because they're getting more home games pre-split vs the OF. Thistle have quoted a figure of £120k.

Prior to Rangers demise it's been suggested that there was a general unwritten (or possibly written idk) rule that each non-OF side would get parity of 3 home gates vs the OF by various permutations 1 vs Celtic, 1 vs Rangers so essentially there was a perceived parity.

It seems neither MFC or PTFC decided to check as to whether SPFL would simply have Rangers replace United and instead cracked on with their budgets on the assumption that SPFL would revert to the same set up as 5 years ago rather than, you know, the same process as last year.

Upshot is that it appears MFC & PTFC have fucked their budgets and are chucking toys out the pram everywhere and blaming the SPFL for their misjudgement in budget planning.

Both have released statements of varying degrees of cringe and in MFCs case are trying to bluster their way through it without admitting that they seem to have just went ahead on assumptions rather than getting clarification from the organising body.

Cheers.

Seems like a bit of a f**k up on the behalves of Thistle and Motherwell.

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14565757.Calls_to_change_Old_Firm_Hogmanay_fixture_over_fears_it_will_put_extra_pressure_on_emergency_services/

I see the proposed hogmanay fixture between the **** and **** is unlikely to go ahead due to fears over strains on emergency services and the usual documented rise in domestic abuse attributed to the vermin.

In our fixture list we play both Rangers and Celtic twice at home before the split.......I'm fookin' rage about this. :rolleyes:

This is a stupid argument, everyone knew that some clubs would miss out on the extra revenue, if it wasn't Thistle or Motherwell then it might have been us and Kilmarnock or Dundee or Accies. Everyone signed up for the way the fixtures are set up, we have done this every season since the split started and everyone was more or less happy up until now especially Motherwell who have been an ever present. Back in the days of the old Rangers were clubs getting their knickers in a twist over the haves and the have nots playing Rangers at home?. Pure toys out of the pram stuff and all it took was adding Rangers instead of Dundee Utd to the fixtures.

Rangers you can return to the Championship your work here is done. :P

Every budget has an element of risk in it. But the main point about this is that the 3 clubs that get 2 extra games can go out between now and end of August and bring in better quality because they know that the OF fans will turn out. Whereas Well Hamilton and Thistle will need to cut back

So, i take it everyone focussing on the financial point raised by Thistle agrees with their other points.

1. The three teams have been disadvantaged by having to make 4 visits to the stadiums of bigotry. Wilst others only need to go there twice.

2. Celtic bring the whole Scottish game down by cancelling a scheduled league game to play a glorified bounce game to celebrate a 39 year old win. Their disregard shown to the league and other teams devalues the league competition.

Its worth noting that celtic can only use a joker on a home game, so infact they had their flag day season opener v Thistle moved to match day two. And then cancelled it.

Although our comments about the Old Firm games are unfortunate, I find the parts of what's been said about trips to ICT and Ross County even more cringeworthy. What they're effectively saying is it's unreasonable for ICT and Ross Country to be involved in any midweek games. Good luck getting anything done there. 

On the OF, we've already had the misfortune of having to host these cretins in the League Cup, the one draw no-one wanted. I do have slight sympathy for the sporting argument, going to Parkhead and Ibrox is statistically more difficult than playing them at home but the same could be said for Aberdeen, Hearts away games. It's the luck of the draw with fixtures. Given the choice, I'd rather have more games against them at home because we're more likely to beat them but I've long since stopped going to any games against them regardless where they're held.

1. The three teams have been disadvantaged by having to make 4 visits to the stadiums of bigotry. Wilst others only need to go there twice.

Thats just utterly disrespectful. Theres been seasons where we've won more away games against Celtic/Rangers than weve won away to Motherwell/Partick. Should we moan when we get more away games against them than anyone else?

Every budget has an element of risk in it. But the main point about this is that the 3 clubs that get 2 extra games can go out between now and end of August and bring in better quality because they know that the OF fans will turn out. Whereas Well Hamilton and Thistle will need to cut back

We were going to have our budget reduced for this season this even with our Chairman knowing Rangers were going to be in the same league the next season, but maybe after the fixture release we won't take such a heavy hit. But I still think we are worse off than in previous seasons financially, so until Kenny Cameron our chairman comes out and says differently it still stands. I just wonder if John Hughes is regretting his outbursts and his comments to the media even more now.

The Thisle and Well complainants are assuming that

1 the sevco boycott won't happen

2 sevco will be any good , if they're not and the breadman goes as we all know their fans disappear like shite off a hot shovel

As for the budget question Killie have for the past few seasons budgeted for 7th place , I know ridiculous considering, and we have managed , just , to survive .

As for the advantage this money gives a team , that also depends on the manager using that money to recruit well , had our previous incumbents had this extra money I'm not sure it would have been well spent.

There are too many what ifs IMO

As embarrassing as the two statements are,it always nice to see the two bigoted sets of supporters given a chance to put their differences behind them.

The noisiest person on Motherwells twitter is a Celtic fan slagging us for cutting rangers allocation in the play off match.

Why is he bothered about that?

Archived