Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm keen on taking in the weekend's game against the Spartans - whereabouts is the best place to get parked next to Meadowbank Stadium?

Thank you.

The Meadowbank shopping centre car park is probably your best bet. I think you get 4 hours free - well used by Hibs fans when they're at home anyway. 5 minute walk to the ground from there. 

We can't promise much but it might be a good laugh. Hopefully get a decent crowd 

Have moaned about this on WhatsApp and will probably moan about it on the Pod this week (recording Thursday will be out on Friday I think) but I can't believe how little we've done to promote the game against The Spartans at the weekend.

No Hearts/Hibs/Old Firm on, it's the first time we've played them in ages, it's an actual proper derby match, you can watch the game and still make it to the pub for the Scotland game  - we have never had a better chance to attract a load of new faces along and we've sent out 1 tweet.

No social media content on previous games against them, no 'guide to Meadowbank' type material showing people how to get there, where to get a pint/lunch, where to watch the Scotland game after, no special offers on tickets or merch.

At least fewer people will be there to watch whatever version of a last minute collapse we're rolling out this week.

28 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

The Meadowbank shopping centre car park is probably your best bet. I think you get 4 hours free - well used by Hibs fans when they're at home anyway. 5 minute walk to the ground from there. 

We can't promise much but it might be a good laugh. Hopefully get a decent crowd 

Lovely stuff, thank you!

It feels like a big game with plenty of intrigue, especially given the proposed merger between the sides last summer, and I'm intrigued to see how it plays out on the pitch. I took in Edinburgh City's SPFL Trust Trophy match against Queen's Park a couple of weeks ago and thought they're a very decent side who try to get the ball down and play the game "the right way", even if it does come with risk. There's obviously a degree of calamity lurking beneath the surface - I find it hard to fathom how many times you've chucked away points this season through conceding injury-time goals - but that's what makes it fun!

Win here and you're right back in amongst it.