Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Solitaire said:

I actually live in Brechin now and see the odd game. They were great last season.

I wish you all the best despite the barbs :thumsup2

Its not real hatred its just rivalry and a laugh.

Aye and good luck next season especially in Europe that's not going to be easy in any of the games. If you make it through to the third qualifying round you'll be doing well.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

Why do you 'have total faith in Pedro'?  Don't you want to wait a bit and see how he shapes up before you invest your faith?  Did you have total faith in Super Ally?  In Warburton?  If not, why's Pedro any different.

BTW Rangers have airbrushed Warburton from the club's history.  https://rangers.co.uk/club/history/former-managers/  Has he done something wrong?

Ally signed proven shite.

Warburton signed unproven shite.

Pedro has signed a Portugese International, a Portugese U21 international, the Aberdeen Captain, two Mexican internationals and a guy who's scoring more than a goal a game right now in a league rated by UEFA not much different to ours.

Of course I should wait till we seem how they perform hence the use of "faith".

10 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Its not real hatred its just rivalry and a laugh.

Aye and good luck next season especially in Europe that's not going to be easy in any of the games. If you make it through to the third qualifying round you'll be doing well.

No bother. :)

When you come to Brechin give me a shout on here...and I'll buy you a pint. Am not so bad. :)

1 hour ago, Solitaire said:

What bizarre warped logic is that?

Surely the best thing is the more teams challenging ergo 2 is better than 1, 3 is better than 2 etc.

Why would anyone want a game in which only two teams could win things you ask? Probably a lot more than a game in which only one team could win things....unless of course, you had another agenda. This of course only applies to non-Celtic fans which you claim not to be. I totally understand why Celtic fans enjoy it.

Your "big club" stuff is a lot of pish.

When Rangers were thoroughly incapacitated, Cletic became weaker.

Other sides won Cups and Celtic only won titles by much smaller margins than their latest one.  A weak part of the OF means a weakened other part which opens up prizes to teams like St Johnstone, Ross County, Kilmarnock, ICT and St Mirren.  

I love your thinly veiled suggestion that I might really support Celtic by the way.  A hilarious parody of all that's wrong with you.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

When Rangers were thoroughly incapacitated, Cletic became weaker.

Other sides won Cups and Celtic only won titles by much smaller margins than their latest one.  A weak part of the OF means a weakened other part which opens up prizes to teams like St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, ICT and St Mirren.  

I love your thinly veiled suggestion that I might really support Celtic by the way.  A hilarious parody of all that's wrong with you.

True.

But my local Angus league has multiple winners and the quality is terrible.

If the best team in a league is weaker of course there is more competition but the league is weaker as a result. Hence our woeful European results.

A weak Old Firm just means a shiter Scottish league.....unless other clubs are doing an 80s Aberdeen or Dundee Utd...they're not.

As I said, my local Angus league has competitiveness and multiple winners....it's shite.

I never said you were a Celtic fan. You surmised that.....one can hate Rangers without being a Celtic fan I quite agree.

56 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

I'm the one who made bets on the cup final....no-one had the balls to take up then was told told to fulfill my bet later.

Much mocking till I showed the thread then great silence.

And who are you?

No, you had a massive greeting fit and posted your own Facebook profile on the thread. Even The_Drunk was trying to calm you down. Perspective, eh? 

Btw, pay your fucking bet.

27 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

Ally signed proven shite.

Warburton signed unproven shite.

Pedro has signed a Portugese International, a Portugese U21 international, the Aberdeen Captain, two Mexican internationals and a guy who's scoring more than a goal a game right now in a league rated by UEFA not much different to ours.

Of course I should wait till we seem how they perform hence the use of "faith".

But did you have faith in Ally and Mark?  Before they delivered, or didn't deliver, I mean.

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

No, you had a massive greeting fit and posted your own Facebook profile on the thread. Even The_Drunk was trying to calm you down. Perspective, eh? 

Psssst.....someone shot John Lennon.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

But did you have faith in Ally and Mark?  Before they delivered, or didn't deliver, I mean.

Of course.....just as any fan has faith in a new manager. I won't lie.

For the reasons I've given though, surely even you can see why I have more faith in Pedro.

I don't think people do, in general.  In general, most club threads run well and tend to discuss pertinent issues with a decent admix of banter, insight and the odd roaster.  I read most of the threads on the premiership sub-forum and it's usually a good read with a balanced input of views.  Everything a 'multi-club forum' should be.
The Sevco threads, though, are spammed regularly by the worst sort of diddy regurgitating the usually dross even though we have a sub-sub forum and even a specific thread for this.
So this has nothing to do with preciousness but everything to do with aptness. 

I don't necessarily disagree with that. These threads can turn into utter dirt.

Solitaire contributes to that though.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Oh young Rab.  Just not like you to use a tawdry trope...

Anyway, on a  multi club forum @dons_1988 it is interesting to see The Usuals out with pitch-forks whenever Oor Solly makes a post.

11 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

True.

But my local Angus league has multiple winners and the quality is terrible.

If the best team in a league is weaker of course there is more competition but the league is weaker as a result. Hence our woeful European results.

A weak Old Firm just means a shiter Scottish league.....unless other clubs are doing an 80s Aberdeen or Dundee Utd...they're not.

As I said, my local Angus league has competitiveness and multiple winners....it's shite.

I never said you were a Celtic fan. You surmised that.....one can hate Rangers without being a Celtic fan I quite agree.

I'm more interested in competitiveness than in the quality of two sides I wish nothing but ill upon.

As I said, you very clearly implied that I in fact support Celtic.  I welcome your weasely retraction.

4 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

Of course.....just as any fan has faith in a new manager. I won't lie.

For the reasons I've given though, surely even you can see why I have more faith in Pedro.

I don't have faith in a new manager unless he's proven himself elsewhere.  

With United's recent history, I've learned not to set  any unrealistic expectations.  It's the hope that kills you.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with that. These threads can turn into utter dirt.

Solitaire contributes to that though.

I'm contributing to the Rangers thread becoming utter dirt by defending Rangers?

I have never once posted in a thread about your team.

Irony overload.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm more interested in competitiveness than in the quality of two sides I wish nothing but ill upon.

As I said, you very clearly implied that I in fact support Celtic.  I welcome your weasely retraction.

I cannot help what you project upon yourself.

So don't ask me....ask a psychiatrist.

3 minutes ago, The DA said:

I don't have faith in a new manager unless he's proven himself elsewhere.  

With United's recent history, I've learned not to set  any unrealistic expectations.  It's the hope that kills you.

I agree.

Pedro did win the Mexican league.

They're currently 9th in the world. Portugal are 8th. Columbia are 7th.

Scotland are 61st. 

Maybe it's not Pedro who's wrong?

5 minutes ago, Solitaire said:

I cannot help what you cproject upon yourself.

So don't ask me....ask a psychiatrist.

Don't be so bloody stupid. 

You suggested I might have "another agenda" and said I merely "claimed" to be a "non-Celtic fan".  The implication was abundantly clear and required no projection of my own.

Insisting otherwise just makes you look yet more ridiculous.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be so bloody stupid. 

You suggested I might have "another agenda" and said I merely "claimed" to be a "non-Celtic fan".  The implication was abundantly clear and required no projection of my own.

Insisting otherwise just makes you look yet more ridiculous.

You quite clearly have an anti-Rangers agenda...would you deny that?

You do claim not to be a Celtic fan.

Ergo all I said is the truth.

Just you enjoy Q.O.S's latest signings and get behind your team for the season ahead, showing it up to the likes of us.

If you continue to post about Rangers 24/7 you're just proving the point you thought I suggested in your paranoia.....doh.