Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I put it up to celebrate Netta Barzila's Eurovision win.

Amazed that you try and connect 'Protestant' and 'Israeli' - especially since not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionists are Jews and neither have anything to do with Protestants.

Is there an issue that you'd like to raise? 

none at all, was just asking a genuine question. 

you shouldn't be amazed at anything that didn't actually happen... never made that connection hence my query

However I am surprised you put it up to celebrate a eurovision win, was that a bit like your old club wore orange shirts to celebrate your dutch players?

Edited by xj2011
missed a few sentences

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

So the (then) SPL clubs didn't have a vote, in which Kilmarnock abstained, to transfer our SPL share to Dundee?  Really?

Edit:  I can see why they did that so I'm trying to be factual here rather than rhetorical.

That vote was not concomitant with a vote to remove Rangers from the league. Rangers weren't in the league. There was a space. Club 12 were in there.

Guest Moomintroll

Given that Kincys Location is  "The Tory County of Buckinghamshire"  why is nobody realising  he is at the wind up. The Israeli flag avatar is an extension of this.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That vote was not concomitant with a vote to remove Rangers from the league. Rangers weren't in the league. There was a space. Club 12 were in there.

That's nitpicking.  We were voted out of the SPL by any measure.  I don't have an issue with this - it was the right thing to do - but let's keep to the facts. 

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

That's nitpicking.  We were voted out of the SPL by any measure.  I don't have an issue with this - it was the right thing to do - but let's keep to the facts. 

You were correctly removed from the SPL due to being dead. You then failed to secure a vote (scandalous that it even took place) to re-admit you straight in, in what would have been an unprecendented embarrassment to all involved. 

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Given that Kincys Location is  "The Tory County of Buckinghamshire"  why is nobody realising  he is at the wind up. The Israeli flag avatar is an extension of this.

I'd go for 'a happy byproduct' - such as used in square sausage - rather than, entirely, a wind up.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No. You're nitpicking. If Rangers won that vote they would have been voted in. At no point were they voted out.  Because they were out already.

You're argument is basically saying that in the last General Election the good people of Glasgow Central like myself removed Isabel Nelson of the Lib Dems (whoever she is) from office. Which is, of course, utter pish.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Guest Moomintroll
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd go for 'a happy byproduct' - such as used in square sausage - rather than, entirely, a wind up.

You have to admit though that no matter how many "byproducts " are used , it still tastes good. I am, of course, referring to square sausage. Still not happy with that diddy reference earlier.

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

Fantastically affluent place is Bucks, enjoyed a trip to that part of the world.  Only disappointment was @The_Kincardine didn't appear to buy me a gin.

You were with wife and weans, bud.  Plus 'a gin' is never enough.  I don't do 'gin' singular.  AND had no intention of waking up from a drunken sleep and seeing you in your Y's.  I'm happy to delegate that task to @Audaces Fortuna Juvatwhose stomach is stronger then mine ;)

5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

No. You're nitpicking. If Rangers won that vote they would have been voted in. At no point were they voted out.  Because they were out already.

Thanks.  It was a vote and we lost.  Not that I want a glass of bitter orange - with gin - to get over it.

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

You have to admit though that no matter how many "byproducts " are used , it still tastes good. I am, of course, referring to square sausage. Still not happy with that diddy reference earlier.

Moomsie, three responses:

1.  Not a fan of square sausage, though I've eaten plenty.  It really is LCD stuff.
2.  "at the wind up. The Israeli flag avatar is an extension of this." Possibly.  I usually have the Union Flag as my avatar.  It gets the same sort of comments from the same sort of posters.
3. 'Diddies' - simply shorthand.  Those who don't support P&B's most posted-about club.

Nothing controversial here.

Guest Moomintroll
4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Moomsie, three responses:

1.  Not a fan of square sausage, though I've eaten plenty.  It really is LCD stuff.
2.  "at the wind up. The Israeli flag avatar is an extension of this." Possibly.  I usually have the Union Flag as my avatar.  It gets the same sort of comments from the same sort of posters.
3. 'Diddies' - simply shorthand.  Those who don't support P&B's most posted-about club.

Nothing controversial here.

When did I say it was controversial? Wouldn't extend it to say I am on your side but I understand the avatar choices for purposes of humour and getting bites. Don't label everyone identically, some of us are snowflakes with Mammary Gland issues.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
You spend way too much time replying to me.  

I spend very little time actually. However, I have bags of time as I am on a 12 hour nightshift.

That's not how it works. Each second spent typing a reply to any post on here equals 1 hour