Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Just now, forever_blue said:

Bet you were ready to burst oot of that when rumours of his son seeing the light started circulating , you were on the brink of changing the dugs name I heard HT :lol:

My wife named our dog.

Billy was safe enough ;)

7 minutes ago, forever_blue said:

Thieving ? Is that not a part of the celtic way ?

:lol: Sevco's fans in the old 3rd division, the 1st division and in the Championship, the cries before Warbs warbed in, "fucking wage thieves the lot of them", "stealing money from the unemployed to play hoof ball".

8 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

:lol: Sevco's fans in the old 3rd division, the 1st division and in the Championship, the cries before Warbs warbed in, "fucking wage thieves the lot of them", "stealing money from the unemployed to play hoof ball".

Remember when ra selik stated that poverty was in their DNA :lol:

OK serious question -  How do rangers fans think they will do this season?

I was having a scan of another forum there are some rangers fans on, and they were the sort who were saying 'we're rangers, treble is the aim' 'title is a minimum' ' the spfl is shite, we are better than them all' etc. etc. 

Surely no rangers fan actually expects a title win?

Edited by shootingboots

1 hour ago, calum_gers said:

I'd imagine some do, but some are total idiots.

I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd. We might win a cup, we might not.

I think a lot of folk are in for a shock.

Rangers finishing 2nd or 3rd would not be a shock and with the cash (borrowed) and resources available it would be expected, anything less would be failure.

2 hours ago, calum_gers said:

I'd imagine some do, but some are total idiots.

I think we'll finish 2nd or 3rd. We might win a cup, we might not.

I think a lot of folk are in for a shock.

I think all the teams in the top flight might/might not win a cup.

57 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You can't defend. Sevco will steamroller a few teams at home but, you don't like it up you and teams with a bit of guile and attacking nous will put a hat-full past Foderingham. 

Can't see you doing better than 4th tbh.

:lol:

3 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Fans will at least expect Rangers to challenge.

Most would be happy enough with 2nd place this season.

However, if it's a distant 2nd by say, 25 to 30 points, that's not going to satisfy many people that progress is being made quick enough. Most of the disappointment would be in the players though as to be fair to the board they've done their best to ensure Rangers have the quality to do better.

5 hours ago, shootingboots said:

I was having a scan of another forum there are some rangers fans on, and they were the sort who were saying 'we're rangers, treble is the aim' 'title is a minimum' ' the spfl is shite, we are better than them all' etc. etc. 

Haven't watched very much slpf premiership-spl fitba so it's pretty hard to say, I can only go by our recent cup games against top level teams. 

It looks like Warburton has attempted to fix some of last season's frailties, we've also got a larger/more experienced squad now and look less likely to be over ran in midfield. The league cup games due to their nature also don't give much of an insight as we treated them like pre season games.

In amongst the top four and a few scuddings handed oot would be fair enough in my book.

I was having a scan of another forum there are some rangers fans on, and they were the sort who were saying 'we're rangers, treble is the aim' 'title is a minimum' ' the spfl is shite, we are better than them all' etc. etc.Surely no rangers fan actually expects a title win?

Expectations are clearly high, but realistically a top four finish would be some achievement. So long as we battle for everything in every game and hopefully play some decent stuff in the process, reckon most Bears would be happy with that in our first season back in the top flight.