Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

The return of our delightful '90 in 90' Youtube feature:

Cheers for posting mate, wasn't at the game yesterday, but Jeeze, just going on that clip alone, you could drive a double decker bus through the centre of our defence. It needs sorting pronto!

On 7/29/2016 at 16:35, RedRob72 said:
On 7/29/2016 at 07:55, shootingboots said:
OK serious question -  How do rangers fans think they will do this season?

I was having a scan of another forum there are some rangers fans on, and they were the sort who were saying 'we're rangers, treble is the aim' 'title is a minimum' ' the spfl is shite, we are better than them all' etc. etc.Surely no rangers fan actually expects a title win?

Expectations are clearly high, but realistically a top four finish would be some achievement. 

No it wouldn't.

It would mean that they'd finished beneath two clubs with significantly less, in terms of resources.  There's no way on earth that many Rangers fans would consider that acceptable, let alone "some achievement".

On 7/30/2016 at 10:03, RedRob72 said:

Celt*c will never be able to claim a 10 (even if they do it), 'Titles' won without a challenge from Glasgow Rangers! Tainted and Soiled, and they know it as much as we do!

Do you actually believe that Rob, or are you just messing about?

Celtic's recent titles aren't "tainted and soiled"; just utterly hollow.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No it wouldn't.

It would mean that they'd finished beneath two clubs with significantly less, in terms of resources.  There's no way on earth that many Rangers fans would consider that acceptable, let alone "some achievement".

In amongst the top four would be OK in my book, most of the bears I know are similar. 

Obviously you've prejudged people you don't know.

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

In amongst the top four would be OK in my book, most of the bears I know are similar. 

Obviously you've prejudged people you don't know.

I'm sure almost every football fan on here will at least know one Rangers fan to talk football with outside football forums. :rolleyes: Every Rangers fan I have conversation with are talking about 2nd place, the poor quality of the Premiership without Rangers and qualifying for Europe and getting that coefficient ranking back up. I'm sure many are thinking about how Hearts finished 3rd last season and how this current Rangers team is by far better than that.

I'm not having a go at you because maybe you are just being super cautious as you have said previously you have seen little of the teams in the Premiership other than the odd cup game involving Rangers or maybe you just playing this all down in front of the P&B posters so you can be 'pleasantly surprised' later on when Rangers exceed your predictions, but different football fans have different opinions its just that not some but all Rangers fans I have spoken with about their team playing in the Premiership this coming season have been a lot more outwardly confident, had much higher expectations and predicted a higher finish some even talking about challenging Celtic this early, plus maybe winning one of the cups. I have mentioned in these conversations that if Rangers are not sitting 2nd or 3rd in December, expect a busy January window and with the finances/resources available to the club it would be logical to say that Rangers would be budgeting to finish 2nd and so would have the ambition and ruthlessness to match, this would include attempting to cherry pick some of the best players from rivals.

I haven't seen the official league target Rangers have set for Warburton this coming season yet but it would be logical to for the club target taking 2nd away from Aberdeen (or anyone else aiming at finishing 2nd behind Celtic), we will find that out in the lead up to that first game at Pittodrie in September when the words start flying about between the clubs and supporters, those Aberdeen games could be the tastiest rivalry of two teams during next season.

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good result for your mob today, Tam.  How do you reckon you're fixed for the new season?

One decent striker away from having a good season, that's barring a few injuries. I think most teams apart from Dundee have strengthened so it will be a tough league.  Hearts won't do as well as last season either.

A top four finish this season will be fine, our defensive frailties still haven't been addressed. Next year (2017/18) should be a different matter, as the club consolidates its position both on and off the park, and then hopefully onto a much more stable footing. No worries.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

A top four finish this season will be fine, our defensive frailties still haven't been addressed. 

"Will be fine"?

But you said it would be "some achievement".  

Which is it?  Those are very different descriptions of a finishing place.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"Will be fine"?

But you said it would be "some achievement".  

Which is it?  Those are very different descriptions of a finishing place.

The bugger! You get him telt.

Regardless how good Burnley are, the goals Rangers lost were down to Rangers not the quality of the opposition. The position of the individuals and unit was extremely unprofessional and whatever Warburton's budget is, and I am not complaining about his signings ( tho not sure about Hill ) I am deeply disappointed that with less than a week to go we have not sorted out the defensive frailties both as a unit and individuals. Still he still has a month to make signings to rectify this and I'm sure he will be trying 24/7. 

I think most would agree with that however that's not our concern. It's the manner on how we gave Burnley the opportunities to score. Most agreed that the back four of last season had defensive weaknesses and that was in the championship. Unless signings are made this week it may well be the case that the same players will be the back four on Saturday. Over the season I feel it wouldn't be as strong as required. 

On 31/07/2016 at 15:17, The Tedi said:

Nice Tweet from Burnley, will not please everyone though.

13680679_1194888837230481_76601388930432

Awwww, isn't that sweet. A museum of trophies dedicated to the dead club that used to own Ibrox. Oh!, and look the new club have displayed their wee lower league trophies they won that cost the new club well over £100 million to win. :lol:

Ragers fans claiming to be happy with not competing for the title. :1eye

Your clubs ambitions are pretty damn clear and here's what Rossiter had to say on the matter, " We want to beat every team in this league, especially Celtic with them being Rangers' main rivals."

The above is the ambition set out by the club, they want to try and win the league. The Rangers fans on here are playing the safety card by claiming their expectations are not that high. Deep down they feel that their club with the second highest budget should and will put up a title challenge by beating every one else and hopefully win or draw only to Celtic.

Just watch the Rangers fans peeps, dropping and letting the mask slip if their club is in a title challenge. Even worse if they are in 1st place by Christmas. The cnuts will become unbearable. :P

20 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Ragers fans claiming to be happy with not competing for the title. :1eye

Your clubs ambitions are pretty damn clear and here's what Rossiter had to say on the matter, " We want to beat every team in this league, especially Celtic with them being Rangers' main rivals."

The above is the ambition set out by the club, they want to try and win the league. The Rangers fans on here are playing the safety card by claiming their expectations are not that high. Deep down they feel that their club with the second highest budget should and will put up a title challenge by beating every one else and hopefully win or draw only to Celtic.

Just watch the Rangers fans peeps, dropping and letting the mask slip if their club is in a title challenge. Even worse if they are in 1st place by Christmas. The cnuts will become unbearable. :P

We have mostly championship/league 1 journeymen, another few seasons rebuilding and remember we have virtually no retail deal, catering , sponsorships, advertising etc are also still poor. We just have to make do and top fourish would do for me.

Realism not playing it safe my learned friend.