Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You got away with one there but we all do now and then

This will probably be the closest you'll come to admitting Clancy fucked it at the weekend so I suppose I should take it.

The last ref to give a pen v rangers in a league game, 49 games ago, was Clancy at pittodrie and they wrote a letter of complaint then, that one worked for them, we’ll see how this one does. 

Edited by Drew Brees

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

This will probably be the closest you'll come to admitting Clancy fucked it at the weekend so I suppose I should take it.

Fucked it? Absolutely not and if he had VAR would have told him to go look at it if it was clear and obvious that he fucked it.

Is it soft? Yes but I’ve always said that but for it to be soft there has to be some degree of fouling in the first instance which there was

Would it have surprised me if the goal was given? No but I’ll take it for the Goldson handball we didn’t get and consider karma restored 

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The last ref to give a pen v rangers, 49 games ago, was Clancy at pittodrie and they wrote a letter of complaint then, that one worked for them, we’ll see how this one does. 

We conceded a penalty, at Ibrox no less, only 9 games ago.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely Drew Brees isn't posting constantly about Rangers, especially after all he's previously said about others..

A Celtic fan commenting on an incident that happened in the weekends Celtic game, that’ll never catch on. 

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

An incident from the first game of the season, an incident from January and an incident from about 5 years ago. But it's actually not whataboutery.

It’s entirely relevant because you seem to want the benefit of every soft decision to go in your favour

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s entirely relevant because you seem to want the benefit of every soft decision to go in your favour

No, that's your interpretation of what I am saying. I am simply maintaining that I believe Clancy got his decision wrong at the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A Celtic fan commenting on an incident that happened in the weekends Celtic game, that’ll never catch on. 

Then you would post on the match thread, if we're playing by your rules.

I've got a shift starting soon, so I'll catch up on your Sevco/ing later.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Are you aware Celtic weren’t complaining about a ref or a decision? 

They were complaining about a perceived mistake, which is what Michael mentioned. Throw in the other ones I included, then aye, he missed a few it seems.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

No, that's your interpretation of what I am saying. I am simply maintaining that I believe Clancy got his decision wrong at the weekend.

Sorry mate but saying that Livi one is a foul even if it was for Nouble and then maintaining the Morelos one isn’t suggests otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Among who? Rangers fans?

No. I'm basing it on the replies on here on the match thread, pundits and ex-referees. It's been a rather overwhelming view.

Particularly here on P&B where no love is lost for Rangers, it was pretty clear most disagreed with the decision.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sorry mate but saying that Livi one is a foul even if it was for Nouble and then maintaining the Morelos one isn’t suggests otherwise. 

I already mentioned if it was a foul on Goldson I disagreed with it. If it was a foul by Nouble, I think having both arms around someone preventing them from challenging for the ball would be a foul in my view.

Even if I was saying that I wanted the benefit of every soft decision (by your definition) to go in our favour, how many football fans do you expect would say differently? We are equally as fickle as each other. The fact that fans would shout louder about a decision perceived to go against them rather than for them is not new and applies to us all.

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

They were complaining about a perceived mistake, which is what Michael mentioned. Throw in the other ones I included, then aye, he missed a few it seems.

They were asking why the camera in the Motherwell half wasn’t following the play, and that led to the SFA writing to the broadcasters asking the same question.