Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Rangers FC was an asset, held by Rangers FC LTD, held by Murray Intl. Holding Ltd. So what? A company can own another company which has subsidiaries. 
Pointless post that was. Did nothing to prove me wrong. 
Don't invest in stocks any time soon, Tony.

Prove to me that Rangers FC was an asset or a subsidiary to Rangers FC Ltd. I assume it was listed as a subsidiary in the accounts or on the fixed asset register of the Company? Let me see it.

Rangers Football Club Ltd. Not the same as Rangers FC.  RFC LTD held Rangers FC as one of its assets, along with Ibrox. 
Arsenal owned by Kroenke Sports Enterprises. Does that mean Arsenal are Kroenke FC and not Arsenal? Dumb. 
Take some business classes guys, it really helps!

Is this the Rangers football club ltd that was incorporated in 2012 from the ashes of sevco Scotland ltd?

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Is this the Rangers football club ltd that was incorporated in 2012 from the ashes of sevco Scotland ltd?

Parent company, which undoubtly died in 2012. Whose ASSETS WERE SOLD TO CHARLES GREEN AND NEW PARENT COMPANY KNOWN AS SEVCO. @Tartantony

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rangers-football-club-will-be-liquidated-with-massive-879518

As far as I am concerned, that asset is Rangers FC and Ibrox. If you disagree, whatever. At this point, I don't care. Don't @ me. I am done talking finances. Pointless talking anymore. I want to go back to talking fitbaw. 

Edited by thekorean

Parent company, which undoubtly died in 2012. Whose ASSETS WERE SOLD TO CHARLES GREEN AND NEW PARENT COMPANY KNOWN AS SEVCO. [mention=41561]Tartantony[/mention]
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rangers-football-club-will-be-liquidated-with-massive-879518
As far as I am concerned, that asset is Rangers FC and Ibrox. If you disagree, whatever. At this point, I don't care. Don't @ me. I am done talking finances. Pointless talking anymore. I want to go back to talking fitbaw. 

2csihx4.gif

Parent company, which undoubtly died in 2012. Whose ASSETS WERE SOLD TO CHARLES GREEN AND NEW PARENT COMPANY KNOWN AS SEVCO. [mention=41561]Tartantony[/mention]

So you don't have my proof? Shocked I tell you

You know that instead of all these mental/legal gymnastics to try and convince people that your club didn't actually die (pro-tip: it did), you could have just got off your farter and done something other than repeat "we arra peepul" over and over, eh?

10 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Parent company, which undoubtly died in 2012. Whose ASSETS WERE SOLD TO CHARLES GREEN AND NEW PARENT COMPANY KNOWN AS SEVCO. @Tartantony

That is actually a quite startling admission of defeat.  Dear old Nacho will not be happy.

I'm pretty untroubled by questions of continuation, myself.  As far as I'm concerned, it's all somewhat guddly and unclear.  

Your insistence that the football club was an asset is most amusing though, and your weasly retreat simply enhances the comedy.

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

You know that instead of all these mental/legal gymnastics to try and convince people that your club didn't actually die (pro-tip: it did), you could have just got off your farter and done something other than repeat "we arra peepul" over and over, eh?

Thank you Mr. Barrister.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That is actually a quite startling admission of defeat.  Dear old Nacho will not be happy.

I'm pretty untroubled by questions of continuation, myself.  As far as I'm concerned, it's all somewhat guddly and unclear.  

Your insistence that the football club was an asset is most amusing though, and your weasly retreat simply enhances the comedy.

Where's the admission of defeat? Clearly this discussion was going no where. I just have no idea why you lot bring that rubbish in here. Instead of ya know, talking football.

They sold the business and history. What does that sound to you? They sold the club.
Gimme a break. 

Would you agree with me that a Company exists to perform the operation of whatever said company does?

So for example Tonys Sweet Shop Ltds principal activity would be the operation of a Sweet Shop, or Tonys Fruit and Veg Ltds principal activity would be the operation of a fruit and veg shop?

The sweet shop is the Company and the Company is the sweet shop?

Would you agree with my suggestion? Serious question, I'm not trying to wind you up.

51 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It does look like cash is being spent.

It really might mean that they put a decent side together.  It might even push Celtic and it seems we might be returning to this arms race that was so depressing and destructive.  

What do people think about how it's being funded though?  Genuine question:  Is King finally stumping up some of the money he promised years ago, or is this just eating up season ticket money in a way that'll require more soft loans later?

I'm not having a go actually.  I'm just intrigued.  Is this a gamble based on hoped for Europa Cup progress, or on really challenging for the League title?   I do think Rangers should be stronger than in the season just ended, but they have to be very much better to justify this kind of outlay.

Where, realistically can this head?

Ryan and Alves in and Clint n Senderos out, no idea what wages any of them are/were on so i can't say if we're spending more or less.

Still a ok/ish post mind you and with the rumoured fees for current targets probably around £3 - £4m, a fair bit of money. 

I can't see it being a gamble on Europe because outside the cl there's not that much cash to be made, even in the group's.

Soft loans, shares or naming rights etc... Would be better guesses.

'The company', the one that had to submit tax returns, ceased to exist in 2012. Ask the taxman, the current one has different references and everything.  The evil, Scottish Football authorities, who tried everything to kill Rangers, allowed them to reform and apply direct to the SFL. Something they did not allow a member club to do a few years earlier. Favouritism no?

Give a search for The Rangers Football Club Ltd

Knock yersell out.     No please.    Knock yourself out.

No, Tony's Sweet Shop LTD purpose would be to own Sweet Shop. They can sell off the Sweet Shop and Tony's Sweet Shop LTD would still exist. Point existence but never the less.

I don't think you know what a Company is then. That's why u don't get it.

4 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Thank you Mr. Barrister.

Where's the admission of defeat? Clearly this discussion was going no where. I just have no idea why you lot bring that rubbish in here. Instead of ya know, talking football.

I'm not bringing any rubbish anywhere.  

You've simply unwisely waded into Nacho's alarming obsession and found yourself to be desperately ill equipped for it.

It's a little bit funny.

6 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I don't think you know what a Company is then. That's why u don't get it.

No, company OWNS the physical store (an asset) and they can run it, but they can sell it off and still technically exist. 

lol ill equipped. Have yet to provide facts to prove me wrong but yea.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not bringing any rubbish anywhere. 

You've simply unwisely waded into Nacho's alarming obsession and found yourself to be desperately ill equipped for it.

It's a little bit funny.

Edited by thekorean

10 minutes ago, thekorean said:

No, Tony's Sweet Shop LTD purpose would be to own Sweet Shop. They can sell off the Sweet Shop and Tony's Sweet Shop LTD would still exist. Point existence but never the less.

Is this actually in Korean?

4 minutes ago, thekorean said:

No, company OWNS the physical store (an asset) and they can run it, but they can sell it off and still technically exist. 

lol ill equipped. Have yet to provide facts to prove me wrong but yea.

But the physical store could become anything at all once the original owner goes bust.  A greengrocers, a mobile phone shop, a massage parlour.

Are you sure you want to continue with this?

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

Ryan and Alves in and Clint n Senderos out, no idea what wages any of them are/were on so i can't say if we're spending more or less.

Still a ok/ish post mind you and with the rumoured fees for current targets probably around £3 - £4m, a fair bit of money. 

I can't see it being a gamble on Europe because outside the cl there's not that much cash to be made, even in the group's.

Soft loans, shares or naming rights etc... Would be better guesses.

A fair answer.

What do you think the outlay is for then, if it can't really be afforded?

Is it to appease fans by getting the club a bit closer to Celtic, or is it a serious attempt to catch and overhaul Celtic and access CL income?

I get that you won't have an obvious answer any more than I do, but again I wonder where this can be heading in the medium term if Rangers can only become second best.

Edited by Monkey Tennis