Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A fair answer.

What do you think the outlay is for then, if it can't really be afforded?

Is it to appease fans by getting the club a bit closer to Celtic, or is it a serious attempt to catch and overhaul Celtic and access CL income?

I get that you won't have an obvious answer any more than I do, but again I wonder where this can be heading in the medium term if Rangers remain second best.

Either they're living within their means or you're right and this is an all-or-nothing attempt to access the CL money.

But that's a year away and it looks unlikely that they can last that long while paying these wages.  Unless, of course, the current and forecast signings are on lower wages than Joey was.

12 minutes ago, The DA said:

But the physical store could become anything at all once the original owner goes bust.  A greengrocers, a mobile phone shop, a massage parlour.

Are you sure you want to continue with this?

In theory they can turn RFC in to a rugby club and play rugby at Ibrox.

2 minutes ago, thekorean said:

That's TRFC Limited to you. The T is important.

And, not wishing to miss an open goal, some would say they already have.

The purpose of a company is to perform the operation of whatever it does to make the owner/shareholders profit. In order to make profit a Company will purchase assets (Like a building) to perform it's principal activities.

The sweet shop is a concept to make money and the company is the living sweet shop (the legal entity) and it would own a building (simply bricks and glass, not an entity) to perform it's principal activity to make the owner profits.

You are making the mistake of thinking that the building is the actual Entity instead of the Company.

How do you not get this?

20 minutes ago, The DA said:

Either they're living within their means or you're right and this is an all-or-nothing attempt to access the CL money.

The board said they would invest with the aim of gradually building a team capable of winning the league. They've also said they won't allow Rangers to build up an substantial level of debt in doing so.

I highly doubt they've abandoned that strategy.

My guess would be your club are closer to going into administration than Rangers..... :)

19 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

The purpose of a company is to perform the operation of whatever it does to make the owner/shareholders profit. In order to make profit a Company will purchase assets (Like a building) to perform it's principal activities.

The sweet shop is a concept to make money and the company is the living sweet shop (the legal entity) and it would own a building (simply bricks and glass, not an entity) to perform it's principal activity to make the owner profits.

You are making the mistake of thinking that the building is the actual Entity instead of the Company.

How do you not get this?

If you said Tony's Sweet Shop, owned directly by Tony, you would be right.

LTD being the keyword...

26 minutes ago, thekorean said:

To my knowledge rugby is the sport played at Ibrox already.

Am I right.

The board said they would invest with the aim of gradually building a team capable of winning the league. They've also said they won't allow Rangers to build up an substantial level of debt in doing so.
I highly doubt they've abandoned that strategy.
My guess would be your club are closer to going into administration than Rangers..... [emoji4]

Hmm really?

First of all, Rangers have zero credit facilities because they are so badly run they can't be trusted to pay anything back. So your boards attempt to tell you that they won't build on substantial debt is because it's not possible.

Secondly, Rangers have substantial debt to their Directors who are providing constant loans to keep the doors open.

Do you think these guys will just keep putting their own money in without ever expecting anything back?

I wonder if Dave "I don't have to move my head to watch a game of football" King has shady minions monitoring threads like this, looking for any signs that the Sevconians are beginning to wise up to his dodgy schemes.

If so, hi Dave. Nothing to worry about yet.

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

I wonder if Dave "I don't have to move my head to watch a game of football" King has shady minions monitoring threads like this, looking for any signs that the Sevconians are beginning to wise up to his dodgy schemes.

If so, hi Dave. Nothing to worry about yet.

It's a Friday night and I suspect Dave is deep in his wine-cellar but I'm sure some of his minions are tracking the zeitgeist via P&B.

56 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Hmm really?

First of all, Rangers have zero credit facilities because they are so badly run they can't be trusted to pay anything back. So your boards attempt to tell you that they won't build on substantial debt is because it's not possible.

Secondly, Rangers have substantial debt to their Directors who are providing constant loans to keep the doors open.

Do you think these guys will just keep putting their own money in without ever expecting anything back?

Rangers are a bloke who declared bankruptcy 5 years ago and no bank will give them a credit card, therefore money needs to come from somewhere so either Dodgy Dave pumps money in (which he can only do to a point without busting UEFA's FFP rules) or they are borrowing from dodgy backroom banks at high interest rates.  Either way they are pressing the button marked "big risk" that Dave Murray was so fond of and ended up sending his club into the toilet

It's from the sun's twitter feed so.....

Carlos Pena to undergo Rangers medical tonight as Pedro Caixinha closes in on third summer signing

Spotted at Ross hall earlier, don't know much about him tbh.

IMG_1496442765.700458.jpg

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Hmm really?

Well, Rangers aren't owned by multi billionaires so obviously the investors will expect a return on their investment.

Does that mean the club have decided to spend way beyond what they intended to in a risky move to win the league this season?.. I doubt it.