Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

And I am sure there will be an even greater number of incidents that pass without any public apology. It's a weak argument to express faux outrage at Rangers for when in reality it is normally what happens at clubs all over the country.
No one is saying you should take responsibility for what other clubs do mate. Odd slant of whataboutery that.

You dont want to hear from your club over this?

Just now, Clown Job said:

You can’t even say the club or company should apologise to the staff member who was assaulted in your stadium.

Unfortunately it’s not really that surprising attitude from you.

I never said they shouldn't, I asked if it's the done thing because it seems to me you are applying a double standard to expect something that is not the done thing.

As I said, it's faux outrage.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No one is saying you should take responsibility for what other clubs do mate. Odd slant of whataboutery that.

You dont want to hear from your club over this?

I never suggested we should take responsibility of what other clubs do. I'm asking why we would be held to a higher standard than other clubs who similarly don't release public apologies for fan incidents?

I would be fairly sure that there would have been communication between Rangers and Celtic, as I would expect with any club involved, I just don't see why it's an issue that no public apology has been issued when that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:
It was a number of Falkirk fans. Don’t try to whitewash it.
Disgusting behaviour.
https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/dean-shiels-dunfermline-falkirk-apologise-fans-throw-fake-eyeballs-114496

Thanks for the valuable Input mate

I hope the individuals were identified and charged with a disability hate crime by the police. Were they subsequently banned for life by Falkirk?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I never said they shouldn't, I asked if it's the done thing because it seems to me you are applying a double standard to expect something that is not the done thing.

As I said, it's faux outrage.

Your whataboutery becomes tiresome pretty quickly, but I suspect that’s the point of it.

Good way to shut down the discussion

A member of our staff was assaulted without provocation at your stadium, and the club/company have so far refused to apologise for the incident. 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Your whataboutery becomes tiresome pretty quickly, but I suspect that’s the point of it.

A member of our staff was assaulted without provocation at your stadium, and the club/company have so far refused to apologise for the incident. 

Any claims of whataboutery would've been avoided if you simply answered my initial question, which the answer to, is no.

I never suggested we should take responsibility of what other clubs do. I'm asking why we would be held to a higher standard than other clubs who similarly don't release public apologies for fan incidents?
I would be fairly sure that there would have been communication between Rangers and Celtic, as I would expect with any club involved, I just don't see why it's an issue that no public apology has been issued when that seems to be the exception rather than the norm.
Well you have had a couple examples in pretty quick time where clubs HAVE apologised for the actions of fans. I am sure there are more.
I hope the individuals were identified and charged with a disability hate crime by the police. Were they subsequently banned for life by Falkirk?
IIRC I believe the Police took action as did the club.

Just now, AJF said:

Any claims of whataboutery would've been avoided if you simply answered my initial question, which the answer to, is no.

I believe the question was, have the club or company apologised yet to the member of staff that was assaulted at Ibrox stadium?

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I believe the question was, have the club or company apologised yet to the member of staff that was assaulted at Ibrox stadium?

So, the answer to both, is no. (not publicly at least, if that's what your standard of apology is).

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How often do fans of other clubs throw stuff at the others team's staff that splits their head open?

You should know. In common with many other P&Bers you have been guilty in recent years of firing comments about the demise of a well known Scottish football club with has caused many heads to explode.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

IIRC I believe the Police took action as did the club.

Good to hear. Probably some youngsters but the behaviour was reprehensible.

These derby matches bring out the worst in people. 

I believe you had issues with songs about Norrie McCathie just like St Mirren and Morton fans have done down the years. 

The problem most fans out with the bigot brothers have is how those sectarian moonhowlers get away with so much trouble every week.

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

So if he had goaded the The Rangers fans, it would have been allright to assault him?

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I think you’ll agree it’s absolute terrible from them refusing to apologise and can only encourage others to assault our staff again in the future.

If they haven’t apologised I’d be very disappointed, yes. We don’t know if they have though.

And I think you’ll agree, that nobody will go away from this incident thinking it’s fine to assault anyone on the basis that Rangers haven’t issued a public apology. That’s nonsense.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

So if he had goaded the The Rangers fans, it would have been allright to assault him?

Of course not

See RFC fans violently invading the Hampden pitch after being goaded about a cup final loss.

They shouldn’t have done it, being goaded isn’t an excuse 

I think it’s important to point out this individual done absolutely nothing to deserve being assaulted, he was targeted for simply being a member of the Celtic staff 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think you’ll agree, that nobody will go away from this incident thinking it’s fine to assault anyone on the basis that Rangers haven’t issued a public apology. That’s nonsense.

I disagree 

No apology sends the message it’s ok to assault staff members of the opposition