Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

4 hours ago, The DA said:

Willy maybe I'm misunderstanding you too but Rangers can still close the gap without Celtic losing any games.  Rangers just have to drop fewer points against the other teams than they did last season.  

Unless by 'close the gap' you mean 'close it to zero'?

ETA: Doh!  I've just realised that we've all been playing fast and loose with the English language and Willy's half right.  If Celtic maintain last season's record, Rangers can't close the gap, they can only narrow it.

However... Celtic could remain 'invincible' next season but still only get 38 points, in which case Rangers can close the gap.

Haha magic,the gap only exists at the end of the season when they'er no more games to be played so how can it be narrowed,if rangers fans want to close the gap celtic would need to start the season on -39 and for aberdeen fans -30 and so on 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Also came to read the general election results thread in real time minute for minute for some entertainment. 

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

I was following that thread through the night and the meltdown in real time was hilarious. 

Rawk and Roll.

I'm going to be fair to them and suggest that they will more than likely finish closer to us in points next season. To be honest it wouldn't be hard given how far behind they were last season. However, I am yet to be convinced that they will finish top 2 never mind challenge us for the title.

15 hours ago, Tartantony said:

So you want to go down the finances route?!

Financially, are Aberdeen weaker than they were 5 years ago? Hibs? St Johnstone? Ross County? Patrick Thistle? Hearts?

Are the other clubs really spending less than they were 5 years ago? Are they all really weaker? Hint: it's actually the complete opposite and you're making a c**t of it again.

i listed a number of reasons in my post, one of which was finances, heres a report from the scotsman backing me up http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/survey-reveals-financial-woes-of-scottish-premiership-clubs-1-4199755

3 hours ago, thepundit said:

I was following that thread through the night and the meltdown in real time was hilarious. Easily the most entertaining night on here since Scotland voted No.

It's been enjoyable reading so far. The sheer disbelief that the hivemind on here isn't replicated across the nation is compelling reading. 

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You Tube, aye?

Not even, just from his record and a few write ups I've seen, oh and a fancy picture on Twitter that compared him to Garner. 

Do you extensively research celtc targets and watch full 90 minutes in their own leagues aye? 

1 hour ago, nacho said:

i listed a number of reasons in my post, one of which was finances, heres a report from the scotsman backing me up http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/survey-reveals-financial-woes-of-scottish-premiership-clubs-1-4199755

So your "report" compares Scottish teams finances with the EPL teams and then says because it's not as good we have financial woes.
Fucking hell man.

Don't post here again.

On 12/06/2017 at 05:38, nacho said:

lets go through this point by point as you seem to have difficulty understanding whats actually happened

1.the first celtic fan to make an arse of himself was westcoastwilly who stated " Getting players from benfica and cagliari instead of accrington stanley is got to be a plus but closing the gap, Celtic would need to lose a game " utter bollocks which was pointed out to him when i said " we could still close the gap by around 30 points " if you win all your games.

2. dree brees then jumps in and gets his arse handed to him because he doesnt understand what the word "around" means and decides i mean exactly 30 points. the english dictionary put an end to his pish.

3. you then dive in with a post not understanding what the word 'could' means after i stated "even if celtic win all their games next season we could still close the gap by around 30 points" you seem to think could means definitely will happen :rolleyes: then in the post quoted above you lie about what i actually said with a fake quote "even if Celtic won all their games Rangers will still cut the gap by AROUND 30 points", at no point did i use the word "still". Then you continue on with some drivel about how around 30 could mean 29 or 28 but not 27 (which is the actual number that is possible in this theoretical scenario) because that would be madness :lol: which you contradict later on by saying "27 points which is still close to 30 points" which means the same thing as around.I simply pointed out that it is theoretically possible for rangers to slash the gap even if celtic win all their games, a concept you seem to have difficulty with

does that clear it up for you? three of you making an arse of themselves, me not doing so

As for you other point, , i doubt rangers will win every game against the other teams but it is possible since the other teams are the weakest i can ever remember them being, i also doubt celtic will achieve the same points total they did this season and i doubt rangers will perform as poorly in the old firm games as they did this season. i suspect celtic will still win the league but rangers will still be challenging at the split

:lol::lol::lol: & :lol: If being stupid was an Olympic sport you'd be a Gold medallist and world record holder. :1eye

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] & [emoji38] If being stupid was an Olympic sport you'd be a Gold medallist and world record holder. :1eye

Careful, I mocked him and i, apparently, got 'my arse handed to me'. I won't make that mistake again.

On 12/06/2017 at 12:56, thepundit said:

The Joe Garner to Ipswich fee now being reported to be in the region of £1m rather than £500k

The Rangers probably still owe £500K to £1 million for Garner, most likely a write off with a small loss in the end owing to his transfer fee most likely on instalments. Not much to get excited about.

On 12/06/2017 at 15:43, thepundit said:

I believe Garner would have scored goals for Rangers next season as Caixinha's style of play was more suited to him. He was made to look shite because the team didn't play to his strengths. 

However, if the choice is between a 20yo rising star scoring goals for fun or a 29yo on a higher salary with potential future payments still due to Preston based on performances then it's an easy decision for Caixinha to make. (particularly if both fee's are £1m)

? Pedro's style of play was to hoof the baw up the park with most of the players running after it when they were either behind or in the last 20 minutes or so in the game which imo caught Aberdeen out at Pittodrie. Garner was most effective when the ball was just either hoofed up the park or just lobbed towards the goal in an attempt that a Rangers player can get a touch or a chance at a direct chance at goal.

Imho from any source I have read about his persona he is a very very arrogant man. I get the feeling that he has the same traits of Warburton with his view on Scottish fitbaw and the quality of the opposition he faces. Almost feels like he has just signed players he thinks will just stroll the league pushing for a title challenge because the opposition are shite and this is a weak league and just about anyone from any better league will be an improvement on quality. He has just signed players that are either bench warmers, loaned out every year, hopefuls that showed promise but have failed to live up to expectations and players that are shite in their own club and are gladly punted on for a nominal fee.

So a report that states that 5 teams are experiencing financial struggles means that all the other teams are as weak as they have ever been?

How do you know that those 5 teams haven't been struggling along for 30 years? The report shows nothing that supports your opinion.

You are the typical current day Rangers fan that thinks all other teams are shite because Celtic romped the league last year and Rangers are very weak at the moment.

The fact is that a lot of the other teams are much stronger than they have been for 3 decades, that is financially, in terms of attendance and in terms of football performance.