Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

I know Rangers fan are fucking stupid at the best of times, but this is mental.  Rangers have literally won the Scottish Premiership, Scottish Cup and got to the final of the Europa League since they were formed in 2012.

And the guy sounds like he's from Dundee too.

On 01/02/2023 at 09:19, AJF said:

A good wee article highlighting the changes Beale has made that is bringing out the better side of Kent. A massive upturn in his form which shows how limited he was under Gio. I’d really like to get him tied down on another contract.

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2023/02/01/a-rejuvenated-ryan-kent/

On 12/02/2023 at 19:33, AJF said:

After almost two months exactly since Beale’s first competitive match, it’s probably a good time to take stock of his start as manager and see where we are.

Statistically, we are clearly doing a lot better:

Beale’s first 13 matches in charge

Won 12, drawn 1

Scored 30, conceded 12

Gio’s preceding 13 matches in charge (excluding Europe)

Won 9, drawn 2, lost 2

Scored 28, conceded 12

We’ve also seen an uplift in the numbers and performances from a number of key players, particularly Kent, Morelos and Barisic.

However, stats only go so far and the eye test tells you we are still a fragile team that are struggling to performs at times, particularly at home which shows we lack that clinical nature or creative flair to break teams down.

We’ve conceded the first goal in a lot of matches under Beale (6 out of 13). While we managed to turn 5 of those matches into victories, there is only so many times you will be able to do that before it catches up with you.

Overall, I think Beale has made a solid start, but we need the performances to start matching the results or we will remain a long way off Celtic.

On 10/04/2023 at 20:08, AJF said:

While he is hinting at having some money to spend, no manager at Rangers will be able to do what Ange done at Celtic unless we are backed to a similar financial level in the transfer market which just isn’t going to happen. So it’s really at a stage where he will need to make gradual improvements.

The main obstacle remains the fixtures against Celtic. I think Beale has a style that could be effective against them, so with a few shrewd additions then we can see where we go. 

On 10/04/2023 at 20:39, AJF said:

Without a doubt. You need a scouting system and manager in place that will be able to sign well consistently. With only 1 transfer window and 2 signings made it’s too early to say whether Beale can do that.

But that’s also easier to do when you can spend more than your city rivals so it’s not going to be as instant in our case, is what I’m getting at. It’ll be a more gradual process if at all.

I also agree there is clearly a gap between the sides. I also never said we are almost there or need simply a tweak. I believe we will need to make a few additions that are all successful, but I do think Beale has a style of play that can be effective against them if we get it right.

It's the hope that kills you M8.

Six months ago, Jack Butland was on the bench at Old Trafford, whilst training every day with David de Gea at Manchester Utd.

This morning, he'll be listening to a team talk from Alex Rae.  :lol:

29 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Rae’s method of picking sides for the 5 aside at training was ‘good rangers guys’ v Celtic fans. ……… will be interesting to see how this turns out. 

Black guys vs white guys?

Good players vs bad players might be a bit lopsided.   The first job of the next manager will be to offload the utter haddies Beake signed last summer.  Butland aside, every one of them is hopeless. 

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, willywastecoat said:

It's the hope that kills you M8.

I’m not entirely sure the point you’re trying to make here. The majority of those posts of mine you’ve quoted is me stating that while he started off well statistically (which he did, and I’m sure I just read that he was sacked with the highest win percentage of any manager we’ve ever had), the team still looked fragile and the jury was still out as to whether he could recruit well enough.

I’m not sure what I’ve said there that is somehow contradictory to what has panned out?

28 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Made a wee bit of dosh on Saturday knowing the dons would win at ibrox,paying for my trip to the isle of bute this week David no where near the gable endies M8.

You should have stuck it all on Lazio on Wednesday to increase your winnings, wee willie. 

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You should have stuck it all on Lazio on Wednesday to increase your winnings, wee willie. 

I watched the second half of Lazio at the weekend with Milan winning,Celtic are still not playing well but I think we will get at least a draw on Wednesday if you want a prediction David.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not entirely sure the point you’re trying to make here. The majority of those posts of mine you’ve quoted is me stating that while he started off well statistically (which he did, and I’m sure I just read that he was sacked with the highest win percentage of any manager we’ve ever had), the team still looked fragile and the jury was still out as to whether he could recruit well enough.

I’m not sure what I’ve said there that is somehow contradictory to what has panned out?

The point is he regressed the squad and done nothing while he was in charge M8 plus your posts prove that.

5 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

The point is he regressed the squad and done nothing while he was in charge M8 plus your posts prove that.

I get that, I’m just not sure why you trawled through 10 months of my posts to quote them if you don’t disagree with what I said?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I get that, I’m just not sure why you trawled through 10 months of my posts to quote them if you don’t disagree with what I said?

Beale was the wrong appointment from the start M8,a rookie manager.
Your first post is about Beale getting the best out of Kent which was total nonesense,Your second post is you're starting to realize hes not the man for the jobby,your third post is about him making the right signings which is also nonesense,your forth post is you realizing Beale hasn't got a clue in terms of transfers.

Your first post is about Beale getting the best out of Kent which was total nonesense,Your second post is you're starting to realize hes not the man for the jobby,your third post is about him making the right signings which is also nonesense,your forth post is you realizing Beale hasn't got a clue in terms of transfers.

IMG_9401.jpeg

You’re clearly not reading what I’ve wrote then.

My first post was a link to an article highlighting how Beale was getting more out of Kent compared to GVB. That article is not mine but it gives clear, demonstrable metrics to back it up.

My second post highlighted his strong start as manager in terms of results, but highlighted how the team was still looking fragile and struggling to break teams down. I mentioned that this would catch up with us eventually and we would remain behind Celtic.

The remaining posts I’ve made it clear that the jury was still out regarding his signings and we would need to make a few signings that were successful if we wanted to catch Celtic.

You spectacularly fail to grasp basic points being made. At no point did I say he was making the right signings, I said it was too early to judge considering he’d only made 2 signings at the time of those posts.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’re clearly not reading what I’ve wrote then.

My first post was a link to an article highlighting how Beale was getting more out of Kent compared to GVB. That article is not mine but it gives clear, demonstrable metrics to back it up.

My second post highlighted his strong start as manager in terms of results, but highlighted how the team was still looking fragile and struggling to break teams down. I mentioned that this would catch up with us eventually and we would remain behind Celtic.

The remaining posts I’ve made it clear that the jury was still out regarding his signings and we would need to make a few signings that were successful if we wanted to catch Celtic.

You spectacularly fail to grasp basic points being made. At no point did I say he was making the right signings, I said it was too early to judge considering he’d only made 2 signings at the time of those posts.

I give you credit for trying to stay positive M8 but you're grasping at straws.

26 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

I give you credit for trying to stay positive M8 but you're grasping at straws.

What the f**k are you on about 😂 what I’m I grasping haha. Like banging your head against a brick wall trying to converse with you.