Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

The fans,Instead of pointing the finger at manager after manager,what they should be doing is hounding out the absolute gang running TRFC (2012) !!!

Tav and his crew need outed too.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

CYRIEL DESSERS faces an anxious wait to see if he will be fit for the start of next season.

Rangers fear that the striker tore ankle ligaments in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final defeat to Celtic.

Dessers had to be subbed at half-time after Cameron Carter-Vickers’ first-half challenge left him writhing in agony.

The 22-goal Nigeria cap left Hampden wearing a protective boot and will have scans in the next few days to discover the extent of the damage.

Dessers said: “I got injured in the first half, after around 25 minutes.

“It was the tackle from Carter-Vickers and it’s my ankle. I tried to go on because obviously it was the game of the year, the big final at the end of the season, one big push. But I had to come off.

“I’ll get it assessed in the next few days.”

Talking 3-6 months minimum on an injury that’s likely to have been compounded by him being allowed to play on.

What nanny-goat made that decision ?

It’s no wonder you get so many long term injuries treating players like that.

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Talking 3-6 months minimum on an injury that’s likely to have been compounded by him being allowed to play on.

Do you fancy a job with Rangers medical team?

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t recall the medical staff being called on to check Dessers when he picked up the injury. I think we got a corner and he stayed on IIRC. As such, wouldn’t half time have been the first chance for them to assess him, which is when he was subbed off?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t recall the medical staff being called on to check Dessers when he picked up the injury. I think we got a corner and he stayed on IIRC. As such, wouldn’t half time have been the first chance for them to assess him, which is when he was subbed off?

Should have been checked at the time imvho. Obviously the medical staff made the assumption it wasn’t serious enough to merit checking and sadly for the player it appears to be a serious injury.

Given Rangers injury record you’d expect the medical staff to do more due diligence- perhaps that’s part of the issue.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Should have been checked at the time imvho. Obviously the medical staff made the assumption it wasn’t serious enough to merit checking and sadly for the player it appears to be a serious injury.

Given Rangers injury record you’d expect the medical staff to do more due diligence- perhaps that’s part of the issue.

But the medical staff only get called on by the referee if the player says they require it. They can’t just decide to come on the field. So if Dessers has said he is fine to continue surely that’s squarely on him if he has aggravated it more.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

But the medical staff only get called on by the referee if the player says they require it. They can’t just decide to come on the field. So if Dessers has said he is fine to continue surely that’s squarely on him if he has aggravated it more.

Fair enough - silly boy then.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think if it was a game of less importance he probably would’ve said something. Nobody wants to come off in a cup final I suppose.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbh it can take a while for pain to manifest itself properly if you have adrenaline pumping around your body, it's just one of those things that happen in sport. 

As for Dessers himself I find him very strange, he looks an absolute huddy yet has ended up with a decentish goal record come the end of the season. A bit Sam Cosgrovey.

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I think if it was a game of less importance he probably would’ve said something. Nobody wants to come off in a cup final I suppose.

Yeah - you can’t argue with the lads commitment Tbf. Hopefully he recovers quickly as you don’t like to see players getting serious injuries mate.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Tbh it can take a while for pain to manifest itself properly if you have adrenaline pumping around your body, it's just one of those things that happen in sport. 

As for Dessers himself I find it very strange, he looks an absolute huddy yet has ended up with a decentish goal record come the end of the season. A bit Sam Cosgrovey.

I’m pretty sure Cosgrove only had 1 career goal before he played in Scotland (worth checking Tbf) whereas I’m sure a Dessers had over 100 career goals.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m pretty sure Cosgrove only had 1 career goal before he played in Scotland (worth checking Tbf) whereas I’m sure a Dessers had over 100 career goals.

He's got a decent record in European competitions too, the problem seems to be when he's got time to think about it.

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The fans,Instead of pointing the finger at manager after manager,what they should be doing is hounding out the absolute gang running TRFC (2012) !!!

Spot on with that assessment. Unfortunately for Rangers it just doesn't work like that. If Clement doesn't hit the ground running at the start of the season the fans will be demanding that he be sacked and the board, well are they strong enough to stick with him under pressure from the fans?  

For outsiders it's silly really. If Rangers fans just accepted that they're simply not the best and that they're Scotlands second force they would have a chance of building something. But the fans lead the board to constantly rip things up and start again. The fans and the 'winners' culture are the problem. Of course their not winners, any sane expectations would recognise they are performing to par. The fans are the root of the current problem, the current board follow while the previous board started it. 

What a mess. what delightful viewing. You reap what you sow. no sympathy.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

He's got a decent record in European competitions too, the problem seems to be when he's got time to think about it.

You’ve also got to look at level they’ve played at previously.

Idah is a perfect example. 1 in 7 record at a higher level and moves here and he’s 1 in 2 and also has his highest ever career total despite only playing half a season and not being a regular starter for that short period of time.

If Celtic sign him I reckon he’d get 20+ next season. Stays at Norwich will be lucky to get 10.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

Does anyone know what happens when Celtic overtake Rangers' (hoho!) 55 titles?  Do Rangers stop being the most successful club in the world? 

I thought Al Ahly were the worlds most successful club ?

I could be wrong but that’s what I’ve always thought.