Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

7 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I can't fathom Warburtons singing policy. Rossiter is highly rated and I reckon he'll be a decent signing but players like Kranjcar, Hill, Barton, potentially Lescott, Senderos & Garner are not the type of players to win you the league IMO.

Forget the sound bites, we're not aiming to win the league this season. Until shits sorted we just have to make do 

Forget the sound bites, we're not aiming to win the league this season. Until shits sorted we just have to make do 

Of course you're aiming to win the league Bennett, Warburton doesn't strike me as being someone that wants to 'consolidate'.

You say until shits sorted but signing a lot of players over the age of 30 isn't going to 'sort' anything.

27 minutes ago, Goanjock said:

and Garner only scored 6 goals in 44 games last season when Preston moved up a league.

It's not great, is it. That said, I've been reading comments from Preston fans that they completely changed their style of play once they were promoted. They became a lot more defensive which led to a lack of goals from the squad. That argument has some merit given they finished 11th in the league but were 20th in terms of goals scored.

Other than a few clips I've never seen him play. However, the coaching team must have a lot of faith in him if they're willing to spend more than all previous transfers from the past two seasons combined (I think). 

21 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I can't fathom Warburtons singing policy. Rossiter is highly rated and I reckon he'll be a decent signing but players like Kranjcar, Hill, Barton, potentially Lescott, Senderos & Garner are not the type of players to win you the league IMO.

Hate to agree with you, chap, but I'm underwhelmed.  His signings last season were inspiration and Rossiter looks a player and a half but 'the old boys' look like make weights.

Over a million on a fourth rate striker.

Signing over the hill pensioners on high wages.

So glad you got rid of those pesky creditors eh ?

Imagine going all out to challenge and thats the shite they come up with.

Arrogance personified. What happens next season ?????

So why spend so much money FFS on short term "english" duds.

Scottish football needs a strong Sevco apparently.

I see the BBC that the cavemen think are against them were getting wet again tonight at the thought of another pensioner signing for them.

Second place my arse, bring it on.

27 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Of course you're aiming to win the league Bennett, Warburton doesn't strike me as being someone that wants to 'consolidate'.

You say until shits sorted but signing a lot of players over the age of 30 isn't going to 'sort' anything.

Not a hope in hell that we're aiming to compete with celtic, we don't have the resources for that. We're signing some older players as stop gaps, as well as younger ones with potential.

Not a hope in hell that we're aiming to compete with celtic, we don't have the resources for that. We're signing some older players as stop gaps, as well as younger ones with potential.

The fans won't stand for that, you know that as well as I do. You will be in a very small minority thinking like that.

Hate to agree with you, chap, but I'm underwhelmed.  His signings last season were inspiration and Rossiter looks a player and a half but 'the old boys' look like make weights.

As am I, either keep the squad you had last season or add young players like Windass, Dodoo, Rossiter etc and build on what was a good league campaign. Don't go and overspend on some players who used to be decent down in England at one point in their career. Someone like Jason Holt who was one of your key players last season, is now on the periphery thanks to signing players like Kranjcar and Barton.

8 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

As am I, either keep the squad you had last season or add young players like Windass, Dodoo, Rossiter etc and build on what was a good league campaign. Don't go and overspend on some players who used to be decent down in England at one point in their career. Someone like Jason Holt who was one of your key players last season, is now on the periphery thanks to signing players like Kranjcar and Barton.

That's me given you a Charles for talking sense.  I may need a moment and a stiff drink to recover.

1 hour ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Warburtons policy was spot on last year. He seems to have a plan. let him make the signings he sees fit within the financial constraints hes under. the proof will be where we are after 10 games. i think he deserves support.

1 hour ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Surely the Ibrox faithful must be worried that Dave King is following a lot of the examples of the old board (of which he was a member) of signing this decades Ugo Ehoigh, Egis Ostentaad and Henning Berg?

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Surely the Ibrox faithful must be worried that Dave King is following a lot of the examples of the old board (of which he was a member) of signing this decades Ugo Ehoigh, Egis Ostentaad and Henning Berg?

not really. cash is still tight and we are just putting ourselves in the best position to be competitive and get the money coming in. get to europe and sort out the sports direct problem and longer term younger signings can be aquired. we can only afford old has beens. hopefully warburton picks ones that will have the passion to do a job in the short term 

43 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

The fans won't stand for that, you know that as well as I do. You will be in a very small minority thinking like that.

welcome to rangers reality.

13 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

We have a thread for ignorant diddies talking shite.  f**k off to The BRALT where you and your fellow ignoramuses can fight over a brain cell.  Meanwhile, the adults are having a decent discussion.

That's me given you a Charles for talking sense.  I may need a moment and a stiff drink to recover.

Not like you to have a drink eh ;)

Warburtons policy was spot on last year. He seems to have a plan. let him make the signings he sees fit within the financial constraints hes under. the proof will be where we are after 10 games. i think he deserves support.

Sorry but I disagree with that, players like Kranjcar & Barton especially will not be on a fairly low wage, they'll be commanding high wages to play up here as will a player like Rossiter.

12 minutes ago, kznask said:

not really. cash is still tight and we are just putting ourselves in the best position to be competitive and get the money coming in. get to europe and sort out the sports direct problem...

Genuine question:

Is there significant money to be made from merely getting into Europe?  

Obviously, obscene riches await if you reach the CL group stages, but what kind of money exists in the Europa League?  Is it enough to make a vast difference to the standing of the club?

50 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Problem was last season we were lucky to get through the season with very few injuries, towards the end of the season showed how small our squad was. We needed to add to the squad and f Barton, hill, kranjcar etc give us a short term solution then fair enough.

Holt's out injured just now, ankle problems.