Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, TheGreenMonster said:

Roberto Di Matteo has said at his Friday press conference that the deal fell through after The Rangers couldn't agree personal terms with Lescott, player had already passed the medical.

So Manager who is desperate to get shot of player also claims he's fit as a fiddle.  That's me convinced.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

No, no, no, he must be lying. KB assures us all that these are made up stories and he has #dodgyknees

:rolleyes:

Seems Romeo is all excited at my tongue in cheek post about a fictional tweet from an agent.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Was his knees mate.

See. 

Just watching the news there KB. Story seems to be changing a wee bit.

Looks like the Rangers couldn't afford the washed up 30+ defender who was utterly shite last year and who's club can't wait to offload him.

Simple as that.

Just watching the news there KB. Story seems to be changing a wee bit.

Looks like the Rangers couldn't afford the washed up 30+ defender who was utterly shite last year and who's club can't wait to offload him.

Simple as that.

Don't see the problem here tbh. Wages down there are ridiculous and someone will be stupid enough to give him what he wants.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

A football club lying about a failed medical to cover up the fact the deal bombed due to cash, after a deal had apparently been agreed?

Just now, calum_gers said:

We're well within our rights to withdraw a contract offer at any time for any reason.

Of course if we had signed him Romeo wouldn't be on here crowing about us wasting money.

he would too.

The recent posts from fellow Bears indicate how bereft we are at the loss of Lescott and we've also had a few of us cast doubt on our 'superannuated sclerotic' signing tendency lately.  There's also no mileage to be gained in discussing Lescott's deal further.  It's as dead as... (diddies to complete the sentence).

Why so defensive?

I was just trying to discuss a potential signing but more pertinently your recent signing policy.

I've said on here before I was begrudgingly impressed by your pillaging of talent from lower leagues in England but I am baffled by the current approach.

Warburton said all along he wanted to add some experience. That's why he tried to sign Eustace. We started this transfer window with a mainly young squad on the books. We've added some older players plus some younger players. No-one knows how it will all work out of course. 8)

I don't know for sure the reason yet however Aston Villa are not going to say he failed a medical as they want him off their payroll. When a player travels the distance to have a medical and apparently has one, the salary package is already agreed. Would you really have a medical then quickly after it say you are not signing because of family reasons? Rangers budget is small compared to Celtics however they would not have paid for travel and a medical then say they can't afford him! Imo it's either a failed medical or a late call from a club offering a much better deal! Mo Johnston comes to mind.

Anyway well done Warburton for his effort. Rangers are moving in the right direction. Mosni and McCulloch comes to mind! 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Why would you want to spend the best part of 20k a week on a player who at the absolute best will only improve the club short term?

Pay a transfer fee for a younger player on half the wage. 

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

Why would you want to spend the best part of 20k a week on a player who at the absolute best will only improve the club short term?

Pay a transfer fee for a younger player on half the wage. 

I'm assuming that you have proof regarding those wages?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Why so defensive?

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

The The Rangers fans very defensive regarding the failed transfer.

The pair of you are clearly speaking a language other than English.

Pretty much every Bear on here is delighted the deal fell through but you pathetic diddies keep trying to make an issue where there is none.

The pair of you are clearly speaking a language other than English.

Pretty much every Bear on here is delighted the deal fell through but you pathetic diddies keep trying to make an issue where there is none.

Please point me to where I tried to make an issue.

I was genuinely trying to discuss your current transfer policy.

Your response above is just further evidence of how defensive you're getting. Seriously, I just want to talk football.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Your response above is just further evidence of how defensive you're getting. Seriously, I just want to talk football.

I tried to draw a line under the Lescott transfer as any sane person would do.  That should have finished this part of the discussion.

Now would you like to let this go or join in the idiocy of your wee plastic pals and fellow travellers?

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I tried to draw a line under the Lescott transfer as any sane person would do.  That should have finished this part of the discussion.

^^^ defensive

Also liking the way you decide when the discussion ends :lol:

Edited by Romeo