The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tlj.png

Thanks for confirming he indeed never said that. Passing on rumours is not the same as making statements of fact.
He also said come the end of march there would be an issue, and (quite coincidentally, don't you think?) up pops another loan at exactly the end of march to keep the clock ticking.

Fingers lodged deep in your ears.

Thanks for confirming he indeed never said that. Passing on rumours is not the same as making statements of fact.
He also said come the end of march there would be an issue, and (quite coincidentally, don't you think?) up pops another loan at exactly the end of march to keep the clock ticking.

Fingers lodged deep in your ears.

He also edited out the bit where I said 'FWIW I don't think you will go into admin' but if it makes him happy fair enough.

Getting dicked by the best Aberdeen side in 20 years is one thing - getting pumped by a Derek Lyle inspired QotS is another [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

He also edited out the bit where I said 'FWIW I don't think you will go into admin' but if it makes him happy fair enough.

Getting dicked by the best Aberdeen side in 20 years is one thing - getting pumped by a Derek Lyle inspired QotS is another emoji2.pngemoji2.pngemoji2.png

No I didn't. That must have been a different post.

Also, having already conceded 6 to Ross County this season, losing 4 to Queens is not a remarkable event. It's the new normal.

No I didn't. That must have been a different post.
Also, having already conceded 6 to Ross County this season, losing 4 to Queens is not a remarkable event. It's the new normal.

Maybe but Ross County are a top division side, not some habitual, seaside league dwelling part timers ffs.

Maybe but Ross County are a top division side, not some habitual, seaside league dwelling part timers ffs.

Lol.

We have shared the same league and beat you enough times over the past 15 years to get the league we play in and our status right. 

A real two bob and a doughnut effort.

Lol.
We have shared the same league and beat you enough times over the past 15 years to get the league we play in and our status right. 
A real two bob and a doughnut effort.

Settle down sunshine.

At this rate the you guys are going to miss the play offs completely [emoji4]

Settle down sunshine.

At this rate the you guys are going to miss the play offs completely emoji4.png

Well, you were mistaken. So much so, that you have decided to try and divert attention away with an irrelevant point. Look at the shiney.

Nonetheless, you are probably right about the play-offs. I can't see us reaching them now. Not like you boys. There is every chance you be there, particularly  if you play like last night. lol.

Big Jim Duffy will want to go back to his old stomping ground and stick the nut on Hartley. He will kick the tramps chips all over the pavement.

McKinnon on ArabZone at least having a go at the players. always felt that in recent months he has protected his players a bit too much. Gets stuck in to the defence in particular. Doesn't really help when our only other defensive options are Toshney and Donaldson. I'd expect a few changes for the Falkirk game.

Football is shite.

24 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

McKinnon on ArabZone at least having a go at the players. always felt that in recent months he has protected his players a bit too much. Gets stuck in to the defence in particular. Doesn't really help when our only other defensive options are Toshney and Donaldson. I'd expect a few changes for the Falkirk game.

Football is shite.

What changes?  There's no scope to make changes to the defence.  Minimal in defensive mid and similarly in the front four.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

What changes?  There's no scope to make changes to the defence.  Minimal in defensive mid and similarly in the front four.

We have a very stretched squad but I would expect Toshney, Robson and possibly Kuate to be involved next week (Spittal potentially back in the team and Nicholls too). If you get a chance to watch the interview it is the most forceful I've heard Mckinnon in terms of criticising the players. He might take a big gamble next Saturday. Then again he might just stick with what we have. 

Interesting to hear him say "all I can do is change the system". We don't have players who can come in and make a difference so we can only try and find a better system for the ones we have.

It's actually pretty incredible that despite looking really poor for nearly all of this season, 2nd place is still in our own hands. There's nothing to suggest we will achieve it though.

Archived