The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Billy King would be a very good signing if you remain in the Championship. He was really productive in our season down there, he had 9 goals and 15 assists and only started about 20 odd games.

Transfermarkt has him down for 2,180 minutes played which means he was directly invovled in a goal every 90 minutes that season. Would take him at Falkirk, but I think Utd may be willing to pay slightly higher wages.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69
Of course.  Tannadice is much more telegenic than Cappielow.

No neither leg of united v Morton is on it's the semi final

No neither leg of united v Morton is on it's the semi final

Thank god for that. Im sick of everyone watching us on Alba and knowing how shite we are

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Thank god for that. Im sick of everyone watching us on Alba and knowing how shite we are

Aye, we need to smuggle our shite-ness in under their radar and then shock them with how bland we really are.  Cos they'll have no pre-set expectations after playing us at least 4 times already this season. 

But I know what you mean - somehow it's more bearable when you're actually at the ground.

41 minutes ago, g0tti said:

How the phuck can you manage 3rd in one of the weakest championship for years

Because two teams got more points than us, and seven teams got fewer points than us. HTH

Good to see Mckinnon playing mind games intentionally drawing with Morton today. Tangerine whirlwind incoming. Imminent obliteration.
Just you wait Morton, just you wait...

Spot on. I think Raymondo has being playing the long game. 36 games of abject performances has lured Morton (and Falkirk) into a false sense of security. Just watch us fly through the playoffs now*.

*We're going to fall meekly at the first hurdle aren't we?

11 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

Spot on. I think Raymondo has being playing the long game. 36 games of abject performances has lured Morton (and Falkirk) into a false sense of security. Just watch us fly through the playoffs now*.

*We're going to fall meekly at the first hurdle aren't we?

Playing meekly! I'd settle for that! 

I honestly see us getting steamrollered by Morton being so much more up for it than us. 

We have no bottle or fight for one full game never mind 6 potentially.

I'll stick by my long held prediction of narrowly beating Morton but losing fairly comfortably to Falkirk. I also fancy Falkirk against Hamilton/Motherwell.

Broadly agree with this. But if Inverness somehow make it into 11th, they will stay up.

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Broadly agree with this. But if Inverness somehow make it into 11th, they will stay up.

I would normally fancy the Premiership side but I think if Falkirk do end up in the final they will have had a bit more rest and they have the experience of last year to learn from. The format is rubbish IMO, it should be the case that 11th plays 4th, 2nd plays 3rd and then a one off final at Easter Road or Tynecastle.

10 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

......... The format is rubbish IMO, it should be the case that 11th plays 4th, 2nd plays 3rd and then a one off final at Easter Road or Tynecastle.

Beggars can't be choosers.  You get what your given when your in the lower leagues.  

If it was the old system before the pay offs your season would be over with no chance of promotion.  As it stands......actually that's not a good example.

Archived