The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Thats Nick van der Velden signed officially on a one year deal.

25 minutes ago, coppola said:

http://dufc.co/news/van-der-veldin-signs/

Dutch boy confirmed. Says he'll feature tonight so will be interesting to see him. Ray seems to rate the guy.

25 minutes ago, banana said:

That's Nick Van Der Velden officially signed - http://dufc.co/news/van-der-veldin-signs/

Not sure Hibs/Falkirk/et al should bother turning up tbh.

So have we signed three Dutch guys all with the same name or just the one? I'm confused.

I would be quite happy to give Anier a chance seeing as it looks like we might be a bit better equipped in the midfield to actually create some chances.

Totally agree. Not something i ever thought I'd hear myself say but... Got to say the signings will make a huge difference and the Dutch guy may well be the final piece in the jigsaw. Certainly more optimistic that we can push hibs than I was couple weeks ago.

11 hours ago, eckthearab said:

It's almost like they want to be funsters too granny. It's a variation of the "wee man" syndrome. Less numbers and significance means they need to shout louder and harder to be heard to make up for it. It's a sad thing to see, almost feel sorry for them sometimes........ I did say almost ;-)

I feel sorry for you lot tbh, any "rivalry" between the clubs has utterly died over the past four years. 

I feel sorry for you lot tbh, any "rivalry" between the clubs has utterly died over the past four years.

Rivals? Haha you on a fishing trip pal? We have an understandable rivalry with the dees, you're just a passing blip. Normal service will be resumed in the not too distant future. Super saintees? Nah super lonely sad sacs!!

1 minute ago, eckthearab said:

Rivals? Haha you on a fishing trip pal? We have an understandable rivalry with the dees, you're just a passing blip. Normal service will be resumed in the not too distant future. Super saintees? Nah super lonely sad sacs!!

What a sick burn, I'm deeply offended.

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

He strolled an already won game against a dreadful League Two side but he showed some decent touches.

Reminded me of Ciftci against Dunfermline. He'll don the league or f**k off after three months.

Archived