Mrs Bunfield's barmy army

Not a great performance yesterday, it's going to be a long haul if O'Neil sets them up like that again versus Ukraine and Germany.

Battling in defence but completely overrun in midfield on the odd occasion they chose to try and use the middle of the park rather than long hopeful balls up to Lafferty.

Onwards and upwards Thursday.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With several confederations feeding into that competition it's less clear.

But there was nothing wrong with a 16 team Euros. The elite of Europe squaring off against each other in a more straight forward format.

For the record, I'd prefer a 16 team competition without Scotland compared to a 24 team effort that included them.

16 teams or no , Northern Ireland won their group and would still be there

Not a great performance yesterday, it's going to be a long haul if O'Neil sets them up like that again versus Ukraine and Germany.

Battling in defence but completely overrun in midfield on the odd occasion they chose to try and use the middle of the park rather than long hopeful balls up to Lafferty.

Were you there? Or you going this week? Any photos of stadium?

What are the security arrangements in place for supporters of the ROI to watch their matches on a big screen in the middle of east Belfast?  Seriously.  I can't imagine the loyalists will let that pass off peacefully.

Hopefully it will just be seen for what it is which is people just trying to enjoy football but this being NI we tend to have an endless supply of offended cretins who pop up when they have nothing to do (which is often). 

Apparently yesterdays event was great fun,my son and some of his mates were at it.

I thought NI defended very well and showed great spirit. But when the dust settles on the group that game will be seen as a real missed opportunity.

Realistically NI have to beat Ukraine to have any chance. Draws are no use to them now. At the *very* best, a niggling draw with an already-qualified and resting-players Germany- NI had lots of shock niggling draws with West Germany back in the day- is all that can be hoped for.

NI need to revent to the successful 3-5-2 formula and put Washington on from the start.

Genuine question; can you generalise about who NI Catholics tend to support NI/ROI/both?

No I'm not sure that you can, I don't think most give a monkey's with regards to someone's background amongst the Norn Iron support these days. Things have thankfully moved on in that respect.

Genuine question; can you generalise about who NI Catholics tend to support NI/ROI/both?

No you have to be a member of the pul to support the wee country.Do you not remember the celtic cup in Dublin?? Thats how far they have moved on ;)

I know it's already been said plenty, but it deserves highlighting again.What an ignorant wee twat!

How's that ignorant not knowing that? I never even knew how many times we'd qualified for the Euros ffs. Hardly a topic that comes up a lot.

Wind your neck in

How's that ignorant not knowing that? I never even knew how many times we'd qualified for the Euros ffs. Hardly a topic that comes up a lot.

Wind your neck in

Football fans generally know stuff about football.

Northern Ireland achieved one of the most notable results ever in a World Cup finals game in 1982. Mouthing off about that country's record without knowing about it is indeed profoundly ignorant.

Football fans generally know stuff about football.Northern Ireland achieved one of the most notable results ever in a World Cup finals game in 1982. Mouthing off about that country's record without knowing about it is indeed profoundly ignorant.

I wasn't even anywhere near being alive in 1982. But yes I do know they beat Spain 1-0 and Armstrong scored. That good enough for you MT m8?

Archived