Mrs Bunfield's barmy army

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant achievement by Northern Ireland. The current 24 team set up is flawed but the Ukraine game was their cup final and they won it at a canter. 

Brilliant for Scottish football too, maybe we will gain a bit more respect up here with McGovern's performances.

It's great to see Northern Ireland through.

Wales have been very good but not unbeatable; France have been deeply underwhelming so far. Givdn how poor the French have been in their group, maybe NI would prefer them at this stage.

The choking seethe if somehow another Mikey McGovern masterclass, plus an 89th minute deflection from one of Stuart Dallas' beard fibres, conjured a 1-0 win and a QF appearance, would be absolutely remarkable.

Unlikely. Getting to the last 16 is a great achievement though.

Strachan should be writing his resignation note right now out of sheer fucking embarrassment

Why, for doing better than Northern Ireland against Poland and Germany?

Surely this just proves that we were in a tougher group and comparisons are utterly pointless

Why, for doing better than Northern Ireland against Poland and Germany?

Surely this just proves that we were in a tougher group and comparisons are utterly pointless

Nothing that has happened in this tournament should weaken his position. Not sure what it'd achieve.

Another fantastic battling performance, rode their luck at times and created few chances perhaps, but still some effort to hold the World Champions to a result that enables qualification. McGovern outstanding tonight, Accies fans must have been proud of that display too.

Fans have been unbelievable all day in Paris, and again for the full 90 mins in the Stadium. Still rocking in town as we left.

Sad to be heading home tomorrow morning but I've no voice left and my liver is screaming, getting too old for a full week on the bevvy these days. What a brilliant trip though, met some terrific people, wouldn't have missed it for anything!

Flight back out to Lyon on Saturday!? Hmmmm😀

Congrats to Michael O'Neill and his lads!!

GAWA!ðŸ‘

Thrilled to see Northern Ireland advance. Did what they realistically needed to do against Germany today and didn't need to wait until tomorrow to get their reward. Fantastic.

Am I correct in thinking Northern Ireland need a third place qualifier from group E to avoid France?

Great stuff, well done Northern Ireland. Worked so hard and got the job done. Really happy for McGovern who has been a really good performer over here for a few seasons. I've been working for all the games so far but hopefully make the pub for the last 16 match :)

Archived