Mrs Bunfield's barmy army

Up to Paris on Saturday morning for the Germany game on Tues, after tonight anything seems possible!!

Well in, big yin.  Northern Ireland did us proud today...I'm still grinning.

Thanks for the update.  I watched the Germany game and they are there for the taking ;)

Enjoy Paris.  Expensive bevvy and cheap women ;)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in, big yin.  Northern Ireland did us proud today...I'm still grinning.

Thanks for the update.  I watched the Germany game and they are there for the taking ;)

Enjoy Paris.  Expensive bevvy and cheap women ;)

France has joined a growing number of European countries that criminalize clients of prostitutes.

The French National Assembly outlawed the hiring of prostitutes while eliminating penalties for sex workers. Paying for sex services now carries a fine of 1,500 euros ($1,700). Repeat offenders could be fined up to 3,750 

Just back from my first Euro 2016 instalment and it was magic, but lots of differing levels of efficiency at games, and differing levels of cnutishness among various groups of fans.

First night at Switzerland v Romania saw fans mixing happily together, but the, "entering the stadium", experience was slow, although very secure with three searches before you got in. Touts out aplenty and we got tickets behind the goal among the Swiss fans for 5 Euros below face value. Average game, but a nice start to the trip, although I have to say that the 0.5% Carlsberg was absolutely honking.

Next day saw a very early start for the Paris to Lyon TGV and a truly great afternoon mixing with a multitude of different fans. I found the Ukrainians very friendly, but Lyon was awash with English, Welsh and numerous other country's fans, and it was a wonderful afternoon in the Lyon sunshine. The organisation was superb, with trams (free), arriving every two or three minutes to take us right to a brilliant stadium, and a horde of smiling helpful France 2016 employees assisting fans. Only one search on the way in too. The game itself was everything I could have hoped for and the remembrance of Darren Rodgers was superb, (big kudos to the ROI fans for their tribute too), while the result was perfect, and fully deserved. A good few ROI fans there supporting us too, although I have no doubt that this will disappoint the likes of Half Shite Half Pish, a man who probably lies at home dreaming of nasty Loyalist attacks. Pity the TGV's were dry on the way home, but that's the cnutish behaviour of England and Russia fans for you, although I will never understand why we should all suffer the results of these louts' behaviour. I can drink without wanting to batter anyone, so why shouldn't I have enjoyed a few celebratory sherbets on the way back?

Czech Republic v Croatia was a real experience. The folks in St Etienne were very nice indeed, but their organisation, (trams, guidance efficiency), were severely lacking compared to Lyon. We had a nice afternoon in the sunshine again, drinking with two English boys from Norwich and Villa, and then headed off to the game where an old pal picked up a category one ticket for 40 Euros off the touts, We paid 100 Euros for category 2 tickets, but our tickets were average at best. However, they afforded us a brilliant view of the shenanigans just below. The stadium is superb for atmosphere and was deafening at times, but we made a swift exit to try and escape the Nazi fcukwits. Luckily the journey into to town was uneventful. St Etienne appears to be a bit tatty round the edges compared to Lyon, but I would find it hard to be overly critical as the locals were again friendly, and the visiting fans were too. The train home was interesting, and not just because I met a German who knows a very good friend of mine from Dublin. A group of Scottish fans made an utter James Hunt of themselves, slavering like fat England chair throwing wannabees in the bar area. Still, another great day, even if I was fcuked by the time I got back to Paris.

Unbelievable mate, what a game, what a result and an incredible atmosphere, back in town tonight the place was just rocking, never seen quite a buzz like it!! GAWA!!

Thought O'Neill's men held their shape well and we're miles more positive than the Poland game, hard to pick stand outs in such a fantastic effort, but thought McAuley was tremendous, the goal looked a peach!!

Up to Paris on Saturday morning for the Germany game on Tues, after tonight anything seems possible!!

Fans, brilliant again, joined today/tonight by a good number of Spanish & Croatian supporters in the streets by the fanzone in the south of the City, not sure where either are playing next, but great to see them want to have a good sing and a beer with us too!!

Cheers Rab

Spot on mate.

What are the security arrangements in place for supporters of the ROI to watch their matches on a big screen in the middle of east Belfast?  Seriously.  I can't imagine the loyalists will let that pass off peacefully.

Might I suggest that you would be the only poster on P&B who was disappointed that this passed off peacefully?

Just back from my first Euro 2016 instalment and it was magic, but lots of differing levels of efficiency at games, and differing levels of cnutishness among various groups of fans.

Good post, Aud.  What games will you take in next?

All contingent upon us scraping through in third place mate, but the stars appear to be aligning........

Oh for one of those two magnificent wins over Germany that I witnessed in the Eighties? Still, three points might do. If we get through I have several staff lined up to cover my shifts, and flights to Paris are still just over £100. The problem is that I am hoping for a decent Euro draw for Linfield on Monday, and I would love to do both..............

Do you think Lichtie would contribute if I started a "Just giving" page, or whatever the Donald Duck they are called?

And can I just reiterate, the ROI fans tribute at the Sweden game was superb, as were all the ROI fans we met. The idiot in Gard de Nord with the Sellick top however...........? Conclusive proof that "Care in the Community" does not work.

Do you think Lichtie would contribute if I started a "Just giving" page, or whatever the Donald Duck they are called?

Fire of a pm to Grimbo, he should be able to advise.

All contingent upon us scraping through in third place mate, but the stars appear to be aligning........

The odds are in TFS's favour.  I doubt you'll beat Germany but I also doubt Ukraine will beat Poland and, if they do, you still have a goal advantage - as long as you don't get scudded.

No doubt you've worked through the various permutations.  Tuesday is going to be tense as f**k.

The odds are in TFS's favour.  I doubt you'll beat Germany but I also doubt Ukraine will beat Poland and, if they do, you still have a goal advantage - as long as you don't get scudded.

No doubt you've worked through the various permutations.  Tuesday is going to be tense as f**k.

Agreed. Other groups have teams on zero points and fixtures would suggest we might just sneak through.........................

..............to face France, or England.

I am not a, "get pissed fcuk the result" type of fan, I want to win games, but I am a realist. We probably shouldn't be there, never mind vying for the second round, and I am just back from a tournament I never thought I would see, so there will be no complaints from me.

.We probably shouldn't be there, never mind vying for the second round, and I am just back from a tournament I never thought I would see, so there will be no complaints from me.

I think you're selling yourselves short, buddy.  OK so you 'ground out results' to qualify and you have the lanky flautist as your top scorer...but you're there on merit.  You're also better than Ukraine. Getting to the last 16 would surprise no one and Michael O'Neil has done a thoroughly good job. 

Agreed. Other groups have teams on zero points and fixtures would suggest we might just sneak through.........................

..............to face France, or England.

I am not a, "get pissed fcuk the result" type of fan, I want to win games, but I am a realist. We probably shouldn't be there, never mind vying for the second round, and I am just back from a tournament I never thought I would see, so there will be no complaints from me.

Didn't you win your qualification group? You should be there and have done well so far IMO.

Didn't you win your qualification group? You should be there and have done well so far IMO.

Not what I meant folks, I was referring  to "being in the next round" and, in the scheme of things, I know we deserve to be there. That said, we are a very small country with a limited talent pool, so qualification is a bonus to us. What we are however, is a team in every sense of the word, with one of the UK's most underrated midfielders pulling the strings.

Michael O'Neill has totally transformed us, much as Sanchez did, but Michael has taken us a step further. As one who suffered the McIlroy days of not even scoring, (home and away), I am thoroughly enjoying this.

St Etienne appears to be a bit tatty round the edges compared to Lyon, but I would find it hard to be overly critical as the locals were again friendly, and the visiting fans were too.

I was there in 98 and really enjoyed it. Saint Etienne is basically an old industrial town and not a typical tourist destination, but it has a really strong football culture. We got a tremendous welcome there, it was my favourite venue on that trip.

Hope Northern Ireland can follow up that performance with something similar on Tuesday. Great to see a Tyrone man grabbing the clincher too. In other circumstances he might have been lining out against Cavan in Clones tomorrow, hopefully the Red Hand come out on top there as well :)

Decent night last night in the Indiana Bar, Place De Clichy, the Norn Iron fans in full voice!! Fair play to the few German lads who were also in and we're giving it laldy. The Austrian boys can belt out a tune too. It's been brilliant so far, great to see Wales and Eng through, just hope the GAWA can joint them tonight, a point would be a magnificent achievement, good luck to the Rep of Ire in their final game against Italy too.

Interesting to see if O'Neill changes things tonight particularly with regards to Lafferty.

Bite to eat and a few beers this lunchtime then head down to the Parc De Princes for about 4ish. COME ON!!!😀

Archived