England's Fans

After two consecutive nights of violence from England fans in France there's been some renewed clashes this afternoon ahead of their opening game.

I really genuinely wasn't expecting any of this in France, I'm sure the police have enough on their hands without these morons - what the actual f'ck is going on ? haven't England's fans been reasonably well behaved in recent years!?

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After two consecutive nights of violence from England fans in France there's been some renewed clashes this afternoon ahead of their opening game.

I really genuinely wasn't expecting any of this in France, I'm sure the police have enough on their hands without these morons - what the actual f'ck is going on ? haven't England's fans been reasonably well behaved in recent years!?

You might say the same about Scotland's fans too.

It's a real shame this has happened, you have to question the wisdom of putting them and Russia in Marseille with its high immigrant population. It hasn't all been one way by reports but some of the behaviour such as anti  ISIS and IRA songs only draws attention to them.

They all kicked off in Lithuania in the qualifiers did they not during the game?  The last two world cups in South Africa and Brazil, these morons wouldn't be able to afford to go and they would have shat themselves when they went to Ukraine and Poland, their fans and Police wouldn't hesitate to knock 7 bells out of them rather than just chuck tear gas about.

Obviously can't take it too seriously, given they're English, but a couple of bloggers/journos on Twitter have claimed that it's only when the locals have started to have a go, with police present, and English fans getting involved, have the police then went in heavy handed.

The one I watched yesterday was a live feed outside a bar and it was about 200/300 English fans  singing and shouting towards the police "sit down if you hate France" etc arms out throwing bottles etc then your usual IRA ISIS and German Bomber songs, all the locals were standing at the side with their cameras filming it.

Yeah, the Russians appeared to give them a bit of a doing. They really have caused a bit of a rammy since they arrived, and I haven't heard stories of any other fans causing bother.

It all started before they arrived, they would have seen what has been happening and their eyes will have lit up!  It's just the fact you have the English and Russians in Marseille, I still don't understand who thought that would be a good idea  :lol:

It all started before they arrived, they would have seen what has been happening and their eyes will have lit up! It's just the fact you have the English and Russians in Marseille, I still don't understand who thought that would be a good idea :lol:

The venues were allocated before the teams were drawn into the groups.

It all started before they arrived, they would have seen what has been happening and their eyes will have lit up! It's just the fact you have the English and Russians in Marseille, I still don't understand who thought that would be a good idea :lol:

They played Tunisia there during France 98. That was always going to go off peacefully.

Compared to ISIS, yes.

Archived