Premier League 2016-2017

40 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

I don't see the problem here, it's not like they are selling out the stadium, so who are they preventing from going if they have more hospitality suites

Agreed. Apart from some 'normal' season ticket holders being shunted out of their seats for the development it shouldn't really matter if they can cash in those with big entertainment budgets or more money than sense.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is everyone's thoughts on Neville and Carra's Team of the Season so far? See its sparked some debate on Facebook so thought it'd be worth bringing up.

Off the top of my head I'd go:

Thibaut Courtois

Cesar Azplilicueta
Jonny Evans
David Luiz
Nathaniel Clyne

Eden Hazard
N'Golo Kante
Adam Lallana
Saido Mane

Diego Costa
Alexis Sanchez

Honourable mentions to Pickford who has been superb in his first PL season so far and has deservedly kept his place, Walcott who seems to have actually sustained some form for once, Coutinho who was on fire, Eriksen who seems to be hitting form and Danny Rose who seems to always put in solid shifts.

6 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Neville and Carra's Team of the Season so far? See its sparked some debate on Facebook so thought it'd be worth bringing up.

Thibaut Courtois

Cesar Azplilicueta
Jonny Evans
David Luiz
Nathaniel Clyne

Eden Hazard
N'Golo Kante
Adam Lallana
Saido Mane

Diego Costa
Alexis Sanchez

Honourable mentions to Pickford who has been superb in his first PL season so far and has deservedly kept his place, Walcott who seems to have actually sustained some form for once, Coutinho who was on fire, Eriksen who seems to be hitting form and Danny Rose who seems to always put in solid shifts.

I can't disagree with anybody in that team.  

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Have a look at the state of the BBC's Top 10 Premier League moments of 2016. They don't even have Leicester winning the league as an option; they only have "Spurs losing it at Chelsea".

I looked at this this morning - would it really have been that hard to let people just pick any match?  Instead of giving us 10 matches and making us rank them in order?  How on Earth is 20 years of Arsene Wenger (Burnley 0 v 1 Arsenal) an option while the Swansea 5 - 4 Crystal Palace game is overlooked? 

Thibaut Courtois

Cesar Azplilicueta
Jonny Evans
David Luiz
Nathaniel Clyne

Eden Hazard
N'Golo Kante
Adam Lallana
Saido Mane

Diego Costa
Alexis Sanchez

Can't really argue much with that team either to be honest.

I'd perhaps take out Johnny Evans for Jan Vertonghen though for his sheer consistency.

I'd also add an honourable mentions for Toby Aldeweireld as prior to his injury, him and Vertonghen were outstanding. Also a mention for Bellerin at Arsenal who like Aldeweireld, was outstanding until injured.

Thibaut Courtois

Cesar Azplilicueta
Jonny Evans
David Luiz
Nathaniel Clyne

Eden Hazard
N'Golo Kante
Adam Lallana
Saido Mane

Diego Costa
Alexis Sanchez

*Pedantry incoming*
Azpilicueta has been excellent this season, but this has only been when playing CB in a back, so if you were to include him, it would have to be at CB.
I also think Van Dijk is more deserving than Evans. I thought he'd bomb down south, but he's been excellent this season. Alderweireld might just be more deserving, though.

*Pedantry incoming*
Azpilicueta has been excellent this season, but this has only been when playing CB in a back, so if you were to include him, it would have to be at CB.
I also think Van Dijk is more deserving than Evans. I thought he'd bomb down south, but he's been excellent this season. Alderweireld might just be more deserving, though.

No you wouldn't.

You can put players wherever you want, teams play different formations/styles.

Lallana hasn't played left of a central 2 and Mane hasn't played left midfield.

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Gloating Newcastle fans in 3....2....1.....

Personally never had a problem with him (although I wasn't watching us much then) and obviously we nosedived massively after he left despite his flirtations with relegation.  But it's nice to see him get pied off elsewhere, strange timing though.  Hope he resurfaces soon as he's a good, cocky heel.

What a massive surprise. I look forward to his next job when he takes over at somebody like Cardiff or Derby during a season.

Starts off well and shows lots of potential

First full season starts well

New year comes round and it goes to shit

New season starts and it's still shit

Sacked mid season.

2 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Big Sam the hot favourite. Wow.

BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38408138

Chairman Steve Parish told BBC Sport: "We all bought into the decision to play a more expansive style of football. We all believed in it. That hasn't worked. It's no-one's fault. The players have been running their socks off for Alan, the spirit is good... But now we're going to wind the dial back the other way. We're talking to a number of people to make sure we get this right. Nothing has been agreed."

It looks like Big Sam is negotiating his deal. Did he get a pay-off from the FA or is he still on gardening leave? It would be funny if Palace had to pay the FA compensation for him.

Oan yersel', Boab!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38405244

How the f**k did he have to explain to a bunch of xenophobic, Britnat reporters about his vocabulary or choice of words as a coach? I had the misfortune to listen to talksport a few weeks back and heard some punter ''I couldn't play for him and listen to them words he uses''. You couldn't make it up! Them words!

Sad as f**k that anyone gives a shit about him saying PK or GK.

Keep them up and get torn right back in to the English journos.

BBC says that Allardyce is getting the Palace job - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38411381.

It seems that the players are to blame.

"Caretaker manager Keith Millen took Friday's news conference and told the media that if Allardyce was appointed, he would "sort the players out"."

:thumbsdown

ETA - Allardyce's appointment is confirmed with a 2.5 year deal - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38419024

Archived