Premier League 2016-2017

'Direct sprint' [emoji38]

He had to keep absolutely immense control of the ball under pressure to even get a run at Koscielny in the box, even before he skins him and tucks away a brilliant finish past Cech.

'Immense control' [emoji1]

After he shrugged off Coquelin, there was no real pressure on him. After he shrugged off Coquelin's lightweight efforts, he had a clean run through into the box. That 'immense control' is effortless for a player like Hazard especially when not being closed down and just having a half-arsed feeble effort from the defender to skip by.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its difficult to describe how much enjoyment i get from watching Arsenal continue to embarrass themselves. Complete horse [emoji38]

Not that I'm a Chelsea fan but I would have liked Fabregas to celebrate his goal just for the utter seethe from the Arsenal fans.

'Immense control' [emoji1]

After he shrugged off Coquelin, there was no real pressure on him. After he shrugged off Coquelin's lightweight efforts, he had a clean run through into the box. That 'immense control' is effortless for a player like Hazard especially when not being closed down and just having a half-arsed feeble effort from the defender to skip by.

The fact Hazard's a very good player doesn't mean goals like that are easy for him. If it was an 'easy' goal then surely any PL player could have put it away after picking it up where Hazard did.

Do you think Victor Moses would have scored it?

The fact Hazard's a very good player doesn't mean goals like that are easy for him. If it was an 'easy' goal then surely any PL player could have put it away after picking it up where Hazard did.

Do you think Victor Moses would have scored it?

I said it was far too easy for Hazard, not Victor Moses, so that's irrelevant.

I'm taking nothing away from Hazard, sheer magic. But after Coquelin's feeble efforts failed, Arsenal shat it backed off and just let him sprint in on goal. It's in situations like that the top teams will use the 'good foul' tactic. If that had been against Spurs, Liverpool, Man Utd etc, then you'd see the likes of Wanyama, Milner or Fellaini or whoever get across, take him out give away a free kick and take the yellow card for it.

ETA: Souness of the same opinion and just said something along those lines.

I said it was far too easy for Hazard, not Victor Moses, so that's irrelevant.

So if it's a goal that can be only scored exclusively by a player of Hazard's skill, then by implication it isn't easy at all. Glad that's cleared up.

So if it's a goal that can be only scored exclusively by a player of Hazard's skill, then by implication it isn't easy at all. Glad that's cleared up.

^^^Trying too hard.

Ifs, buts and whataboutery.

Nobody said that goal could only be scored exclusively by a player of Hazard's skill.

Victor Moses didn't score the goal or have a similar opportunity so we'll never know.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

My guess would be 1-0/2-0 Spurs.

I'd like to think 3 or 4 since Spurs are at home and Boro are rotten, but every chance Karanka will set out ultra-defensive. Bit of minor reshuffling for what was a settled Spurs side the last couple of weeks due to injuries as well. 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

I'd like to think 3 or 4 since Spurs are at home and Boro are rotten, but every chance Karanka will set out ultra-defensive. Bit of minor reshuffling for what was a settled Spurs side the last couple of weeks due to injuries as well. 

Every chance? He will 100% go ultra defensive as he does every week against far worse teams than Spurs and at home, never mind away.

I think it'll be tight until late on before Spurs break through.

Archived