Premier League 2016-2017

No he was saying they shouldn't be dicks about it. Some of those fan TV clips are fucking horrendous. Arseholes abound.

No, he's slamming anyone who wants Wenger out, saying they're just bored because he's been there so long. Must've missed the United fans getting "bored" with Fergie then.

And fan TV channels will bring out roasters in any support tbf.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

There's a lot worse than that.

I've even heard of people hiring planes to drag banners, how sad is that?

b0d48d39fcae0bc69b9678c473def4e0.jpg

Some eejit with too much money and a very short memory paid for it and can't be stopped. If he'd unfurled a flag that like Arsenal one inside Anfield he'd have been left nameless. 

2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Would be some achievement to reach the last 16 of the Champions League and get relegated in the same season.

Best, it would provide fuel for the idiotic "It's impossible to compete in Europe and go for the Premier league" merchants.    

Said it on here weeks ago that Klopp was over achieving massively with the players he had. Player for player they should be around 6th at best, he had a style that worked for a while but seems to have been found out a bit and now they are dropping back to their proper level. Unfortunately for them I think this season was their chance to break the top 4, get in the Champions League and attract some top players. For as long as they finish 5th or below they are going to struggle to sign the quality of player required to push up the league and make a challenge.

Said it on here weeks ago that Klopp was over achieving massively with the players he had. Player for player they should be around 6th at best, he had a style that worked for a while but seems to have been found out a bit and now they are dropping back to their proper level. Unfortunately for them I think this season was their chance to break the top 4, get in the Champions League and attract some top players. For as long as they finish 5th or below they are going to struggle to sign the quality of player required to push up the league and make a challenge.

Suarez was always the blip. They definitely need improving.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Suarez was always the blip. They definitely need improving.

Yeah, saw the stat on the BBC comparing points per game under Rodgers and Klopp and Rodgers was slightly higher. But give Klopp Suarez and Rodgers Divock Origi and that would be reversed. They can't compete with Utd, City, Chelsea and even Arsenal for the top players so are left fighting over the best of the rest. Might get the odd gem, like Suarez, but more often than not they get loads of squad filler who add nothing. They need to allow Klopp time to build something like Pochettino, punting him would just continue the endless cycle that they are already in.

17 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Finally somebody talks sense. They need to pick up very quickly and hope that the return of the European games distracts the others scrapping for top four or it'll be the Europa League next season.  

Yeah, saw the stat on the BBC comparing points per game under Rodgers and Klopp and Rodgers was slightly higher. But give Klopp Suarez and Rodgers Divock Origi and that would be reversed. They can't compete with Utd, City, Chelsea and even Arsenal for the top players so are left fighting over the best of the rest. Might get the odd gem, like Suarez, but more often than not they get loads of squad filler who add nothing. They need to allow Klopp time to build something like Pochettino, punting him would just continue the endless cycle that they are already in.

Pretty fair assessment there IMO. Agree Klopp will get it right given time but needs to assemble a better squad as strength in depth isn't something Liverpool have. Posted on here yesterday saying guys like Matip and Klavan look more like filler type signings as perhaps the players Klopp really wants weren't available.

With regards to this season, I think for the first part of the season, Liverpool won a few games when Coutinho, Firmino and Mane were on form and playing teams who hadn't played against Klopp's Liverpool. But much like the Suarez/Gerrard team, it's shows how much they were carrying the team when Coutinho got injured then Mane goes off to the AFCON and results dip shortly after. Teams also know what to expect from Liverpool now and where their weaknesses lie. I also think Klopp's high tempo pressing style has burnt the players out early and recently a few of the team look knackered. Jordan Henderson & Clyne thrown straight back in after injury, and Adam Lallana in particular has looked out of sorts this last month.

This is really some incredible insight, I hadn't even considered that Klopp needs to assemble a better squad. That's crazy talk if you ask me. That Liverpools form dipped when two of their best players weren't playing? And a high-tempo pressing style burns players out? [emoji33]

I'm glad I started visiting this thread now, never actually thought about things like that.

^^^ Trying too hard :1eye

The best bit about your post is that if you read it in a serious tone, you come across a right thick cunt. Read it in a sarcastic tone and you come across like a complete and utter welt! [emoji1]

Cheerio now.

47b02ea24dbfb95f38f877972a260a83.jpg

ETA: The bit you mentioned about Klopp building a better squad isn't even my 'insight'. Merely a response agreeing with what Diamonds are Forever posted! [emoji1]

Archived