Premier League 2016-2017

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

Fair play to the murdering cunts. That was an exceptional win. Vital to get 3 points on the board after the unmitigated disaster of the past few weeks. Certainly wouldn't totally rule out a Europa League spot at this stage, which would be an unbelievable achievement with that clown Klopp in charge. 

I thought you were one of us these days Jimmy? 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, killie_lad said:

Well twice for arsenal already this season which is 4 points, quite significant tbh 

That doesn't mean the goals shouldn't stand though. It was not a deliberate handball and he was not trying to gain an advantage by cheating, so what is the problem? Saying a goal shouldn't be allowed because the ball hits off your foot before accidentally hitting your hand is about as stupid as saying the ball hitting the post and then accidentally hitting your hand shouldn't be allowed.

You see the same scenario defensively quite often, the ball is smashed against the defender and ricochets off their knee up onto their arm. That is quite clearly not a foul or a penalty, so why when the same thing happens in an attacking situation is it suddenly a foul?

There would have been 3 pages at least if they'd lost. Whatever way you look at it it is pretty much all about Liverpool on here. Box office. 

It would only reach three pages because you're too thick to use the multi-quote function

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would only reach three pages because you're too thick to use the multi-quote function

Come on RG you had all day to come up with better than that. 

1 hour ago, (._.) said:

:lol: 

Good one. The boy has gone full Grimbo. 

It's all good fun ... :) 

On 15/01/2017 at 20:32, TheScarf said:

It's fairly easy to win the league with Barcelona and Bayern Munich when you have the best players in the league.  We're finding out what Guardiola is actually like as a manager now.  And the answer is not as good as he thinks.

Can't stand Guardiola.  Like you say his reputation is built on the backs of the greatest players of this generation and yet he behaves like he's some kind of managerial genius.

Mourinho has a track of taking unfancied teams to the top of the game so he can be an ass because he has the CV to back it up.  Guardiola doesn't. 

Frankly Guardiola is being found out and I'm pretty happy about it.  Will be interesting to see how they get on when by far their best player leaves in the summer due to Guardiola's big head attitude.

My issue with Guardiola has always been that as soon as you say there is only one 'right' way of playing football you are not applying the basic principles of managing - playing to your strengths and exploiting the opposition's weaknesses. It also completes ignores the facts that football evolves, as soon as a system arrives that works it eventually gets negated by other teams and you have to find new ways of playing. Guardiola has explicitly said that he will not change the way he believes football should be played which is just neglecting that fact.

The best managers - Ferguson, Ancelotti, Mourinho - have never had a set style of play through their career. In general Mourinho is more defensive and Ferguson more attacking, but they all changed depending on their players and depending on the game. They built teams that no matter what kind of game the opposition tried to play they would be better at. At Barca and Bayern Guardiola never had to worry about that as his players were so much better than everyone else that he could play his way and it would work most of the time, therefore he could indulge himself with his footballing philosophies. For the first time in his career that is no longer the case.

On 11/02/2017 at 20:23, Rab B Nesbit said:

At least Greengrass managed a few bland posts about the game but hope Scotty T, Fyvie, Stewy and the boys are holding it together. 

I'll be back with a bit more about the game when I get home ... ;) 

On 12/02/2017 at 00:58, Rab B Nesbit said:

Really good win tonight and finally we saw the Liverpool again that were causing teams so many problems before Christmas. 

Wijnaldum in place of Can was excellent in the middle of the park and 2 well taken goals from Mane proved enough although it could have been more. 

Also delighted for Lucas who played a big part in a clean sheet with a fine performance at centre back. 

Week off next week. Next up Leicester away 2 weeks on Monday unless they draw with Millwall in the Cup ... God knows what happens then. 

Erm, you're the one who came on calling out posters before even talking about the game :lol:

You're absolutely rattled.

6 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Erm, you're the one who came on calling out posters before even talking about the game :lol:

Not rattled in the slightest Greeny you are the one in a constant flap about a team you've never seen before in your puff :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

He's one of those folk that think because you think he's a cunt, you must think his team's a cunt. Which is actually arrogant as hell. But then, arrogance is a surefire sign of a cunt.

Christ we've gone full circle now ... the Liverpool bashing doesn't work so let's get personal :lol: 

30 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Not rattled in the slightest Greeny you are the one in a constant flap about a team you've never seen before in your puff :lol: 

I've seen Liverpool live twice, I also don't have anything against them at all. It's just banter on this thread and you shouldn't take it so personally.

I was out pished anyway, didn't even see the game :lol:

Understandable though, obviously a lot of built-up emotions from watching weeks of utter fail and another title race come crashing to a halt before it had even started.

Just now, Fraser Fyvie said:

I was out pished anyway, didn't even see the game :lol:

Understandable though, obviously a lot of built-up emotions from watching weeks of utter fail and another title race come crashing to a halt before it had even started.

Can just imagine him at the game delighted so he can get back on P&B and get it right up us all :lol:

I don't even support an English team.

Archived