Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good win tonight and finally we saw the Liverpool again that were causing teams so many problems before Christmas. 

Wijnaldum in place of Can was excellent in the middle of the park and 2 well taken goals from Mane proved enough although it could have been more. 

Also delighted for Lucas who played a big part in a clean sheet with a fine performance at centre back. 

Week off next week. Next up Leicester away 2 weeks on Monday unless they draw with Millwall in the Cup ... God knows what happens then. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
No idea.  I saw the highlights this morning and didn't think there was anything wrong with it - Sanchez kicked the ball off his own arm.

See that's my problem, going by the rules maybe it should have stood, my point is the rule is fucking stupid in this sort of situation. Hit the ball off your own hand but the other team get punished for it, right, that seems fair.

You'll know better than me but say a defender is running behind a striker through on goal, the defender trips in to the striker, bringing him down, that would still be a foul right? Even though he didn't mean to you can't give him the advantage in that situation, for me it should be the same here. 

Bizzarely though on MOTD they all said the goal should have been disallowed but i seem to recall them all agreeing the one against burnley was fine to stand.

9 hours ago, killie_lad said:

See that's my problem, going by the rules maybe it should have stood, my point is the rule is fucking stupid in this sort of situation. Hit the ball off your own hand but the other team get punished for it, right, that seems fair.

You'll know better than me but say a defender is running behind a striker through on goal, the defender trips in to the striker, bringing him down, that would still be a foul right? Even though he didn't mean to you can't give him the advantage in that situation, for me it should be the same here. 

Bizzarely though on MOTD they all said the goal should have been disallowed but i seem to recall them all agreeing the one against burnley was fine to stand.

Don't see why it's stupid. It was a pretty freakish incident, how often do players kick the ball off their own hand and gain an advantage from it? And why does it matter whether it was Sanchez or an opposition player who hit it off his hand? It wasn't a deliberate handball therefore the goal should have stood. I'm watching Goals on Sunday watching 3 morons talking utter nonsense about this and completely misunderstanding the laws of the game.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Don't see why it's stupid. It was a pretty freakish incident, how often do players kick the ball off their own hand and gain an advantage from it? And why does it matter whether it was Sanchez or an opposition player who hit it off his hand? It wasn't a deliberate handball therefore the goal should have stood. I'm watching Goals on Sunday watching 3 morons talking utter nonsense about this and completely misunderstanding the laws of the game.

Well twice for arsenal already this season which is 4 points, quite significant tbh 

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Ahh that'll be what it was right enough ... :lol: 

Two posts all day before ko. Not extremely quiet all day at all, oh no. 'It's all about the Liverpool' of course. The Rangersesque supremacist outlook shines through.

9 hours ago, killie_lad said:

You forget that there isn't one single ex-player in the media that knows the actual rules though. They all go by players rules, the rules they think should exist but don't, the worst being the 'there was contact' rule that they use to justify cheating.

8 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Two posts all day before ko. Not extremely quiet all day at all, oh no. 'It's all about the Liverpool' of course. The Rangersesque supremacist outlook shines through.

There would have been 3 pages at least if they'd lost. Whatever way you look at it it is pretty much all about Liverpool on here. Box office. 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

There would have been 3 pages at least if they'd lost. Whatever way you look at it it is pretty much all about Liverpool on here. Box office. 

Oh Rab. You're much better than this.

Fair play to the murdering cunts. That was an exceptional win. Vital to get 3 points on the board after the unmitigated disaster of the past few weeks. Certainly wouldn't totally rule out a Europa League spot at this stage, which would be an unbelievable achievement with that clown Klopp in charge. 

Archived