Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think that rule with the referee deciding whether the attacker was looking for it would be decent tbh. Especially if there's a hand blooking a goalward bound shot. Although that opens up a can of worms with "was it intentional from the attacker though?" which might make it unworkable.

I accidentally flagged this post as inappropriate when I was intending to quote it. So Mods, apologies, I do not think this post is inappropriate in any way. Sorry for wasting your time.

I can see it now, a striker only has a defender to beat to be clean through on goal, so what does he do? A bit of skill? Raw power? Just take the shot?

No, he punts it straight at the defenders hand. Penalty. All is fair and perfect in the footballing world.

Out of the options you've listed, somehow hitting the defender's hand with the ball would be by far the most technically difficult. No one would waste their time attempting it.

I accidentally flagged this post as inappropriate when I was intending to quote it. So Mods, apologies, I do not think this post is inappropriate in any way. Sorry for wasting your time.

Tbf, could be a shite suggestion and worth a warning. The mods can decide.

Swansea arrange the unveiling interview for Bob Bradley in the same hotel where Guidolin had been staying, leading to the awkward moment of the ex-manager being caught in the middle of the press gathering to interview the new manager 

Swansea arrange the unveiling interview for Bob Bradley in the same hotel where Guidolin had been staying, leading to the awkward moment of the ex-manager being caught in the middle of the press gathering to interview the new manager 

That's a bit classless.

I generally like Swansea, they seem a decent enough bunch. But the whole thing has been handled very poorly. Having a new bloke appointed before the previous incumbent has left the car park makes them, and him, look shoddy.

If Bradley gets the boot and finds that they've been eyeing up someone for his job behind his back, he'll have no legitimate complaint.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I generally like Swansea, they seem a decent enough bunch. But the whole thing has been handled very poorly. Having a new bloke appointed before the previous incumbent has left the car park makes them, and him, look shoddy.

If Bradley gets the boot and finds that they've been eyeing up someone for his job behind his back, he'll have no legitimate complaint.

I'm taking it that the Villa have become pretty slick at handling the old managerial ins and outs ... :P  

Not really. We rarely seem to have a clue what we are doing. The worst was going for Martinez then ending up with McLeish. You could hardly get two more different managers. It just shows they had no idea whatsoever what they were looking for.

We did also seem to have Sherwood waiting in the wings while Lambert was still in charge. I was disappointed in that, while we were hugely incompetent, we did at least always seem to act with a bit of class and dignity before that. That was reason 937 in my list of "Why Appointing Tim Sherwood is a Really Shit Idea".

Not really. We rarely seem to have a clue what we are doing. The worst was going for Martinez then ending up with McLeish. You could hardly get two more different managers. It just shows they had no idea whatsoever what they were looking for.

We did also seem to have Sherwood waiting in the wings while Lambert was still in charge. I was disappointed in that, while we were hugely incompetent, we did at least always seem to act with a bit of class and dignity before that. That was reason 937 in my list of "Why Appointing Tim Sherwood is a Really Shit Idea".

Championship thread for this pish

Archived