Iceland vs Hungary

lichtie23

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.

Most fans would just let the refs get on with it if they didn't continually get basic decisions wrong.

We've seen plenty of evidence to suggest that the refereeing in other countries is just the same.

We know Spain put the same pressure on their refs I suppose.

I'm not much of a gambler but I put 50p on Belgium to win 3-0, Iceland to win 1-0 and Portugal and Austria to draw 1-1. Stood to win £440 if all results went my way, but decided to cash out at half time for £9. Pretty pleased as I don't often gamble so getting enough money to buy a crate of beer suits me fine. Now found myself just wanting any goal now though so that this game doesn't finish 1-0.

I'm not much of a gambler but I put 50p on Belgium to win 3-0, Iceland to win 1-0 and Portugal and Austria to draw 1-1. Stood to win £440 if all results went my way, but decided to cash out at half time for £9. Pretty pleased as I don't often gamble so getting enough money to buy a crate of beer suits me fine. Now found myself just wanting any goal now though so that this game doesn't finish 1-0.

Why would you cash out for £9? What's the point of even putting the third game on if you've shat yourself during the second?

We? Who are you speaking for here?

I've never seen someone slate a Ref for a good performance, I doubt you have either.

I'm not sure we recognise good performances when we are watching our own teams, naturally we are a wee bit biased and think clear fouls are missed etc when maybe they weren't that clear etc.

Why would you cash out for £9? What's the point of even putting the third game on if you've shat yourself during the second?

He just explained why he cashed out. Free beer. I'd do the same if I was in the same situation.

I will say Collum does not deal with pressure well, and might not be cut out for big domestic games. But I wouldn't say he's a bad ref.

There must be a fair amount of pressure refereeing at a tournament like this.

I found quite an interesting blog on refereeing (if you like that kind of thing!). They rated his performance quite highly

http://footballrefereeing.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/refereeing-analyses-for-matches-13-15.html?m=1#.V2WCy_R4XCQ

I thought it would be fun to try and predict three results. Then I was faced with the chance of actually having £9 in my back pocket that I didn't have this morning.

That is bonkers giving up the chance of winning £440 for £9.

Archived