Best goal you have seen in World Cup/Euros

ExiledSaint

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In no particular order:

2014 James Rodriguez for Colombia against Uruguay, outstanding volley in off the bar as well as which made it even sweeter.

2006 Maxi Rodriguez for Argentina against Mexico in what was a great game too in the round of 16 game, similar type of volley to James but at an angle as well.

2006 Esteban Cambiasso against Serbia & Motenegro in a 6-0 win outstanding 26 passes think it was superb team goal.

2014 Tim Cahill against Holland was an outstanding volley as well.

2004 Maniche against Holland superb strike on the angle to send Portugal through to the final.

Van persie's diving header against Spain in the 5-1 mauling in Brazil was outstanding as well IMO

Balotelli against Germany 2012 was a great hit too caught it sweet as f**k!

From the Euros, difficult to see past Gascoigne v us, MVB in 88, Figo v England in 2000, Maniche v Holland in 04, and Holland's third (van Bronckhorst??) v Italy in 2008 as a top five. Three passes from box to box. World Cup, a completely different animal, so can't be arsed going through them.

Carlos Albero Brazil 1970 World Cup . Close the thread

That is one of my favourite goals of all time (the drop of the shoulders at the start of the move, the nonchalant rolled pass from Pelé, the wee bobble before the shot is hit) but I didn't nominate it on account of not being born when it was scored.

That is one of my favourite goals of all time (the drop of the shoulders at the start of the move, the nonchalant rolled pass from Pelé, the wee bobble before the shot is hit) but I didn't nominate it on account of not being born when it was scored.

Can I vote for it on the basis of being two days old at the time?

Depends on whether you were plonked in front of the TV at that age - didn't the OP say it was goals you've seen live?

I actually do believe my dad took me through to a room with a TV for some of the game - it was back in the days when new mums routinely stayed in hospital for a few days.

I'd be lying if I said I was definitely there for that goal though. I may have to accept disqualification here.

Smart arse!

Just remembered Maxi Rodriguez for Argentina v Mexico in 2006

That's a few bites at it you've had now.

Since you have other goals from Mexico in there I can only surmise that you did not watch the Argentina QF in 1986.

Archived