Groups C and D: Final fixtures

jagfox

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really pleased at how the draw is shaping up. Especially as I have Croatia at 25/1.

As someone who backed Italy, I am pretty seething.

Even if they beat Spain they'd need to beat Germany then France just to get to the final. 

What was the point bursting their baws to beat Belgium? Bit of a farce to be honest.

Even if they beat Spain they'd need to beat Germany then France just to get to the final.

What was the point bursting their baws to beat Belgium? Bit of a farce to be honest.

Eder's last minute winner against Sweden has done them more harm than good. A 0-0 in that game would've been a much better result. In hindsight of course.

Italy were second seeds in the group mind. Had all the top seeds won their groups we would have had: Spain, Portugal and England on one side. Belgium, France and Germany on the other.

Spain and England not winning their group puts them in France's and Germany's side and Italy winning their group puts them there instead of Belgium. The six group winners now split into two threes of:

Wales

Croatia

Portugal, Hungary or Iceland.

France

Germany

Italy

Do feel for the Italians, they would have been better off finishing second obviously. Win their group with a game to spare and still get Spain in the last 16 :lol:

Archived