Groups E and F: The Final Countdown

jagfox

It's after that it gets a whole lot easier though.

I'd be amazed if they get past the next round. If I was the manager I'd be resting players in the hope of pulling off a miracle and getting to the Quarter Finals.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incase anyone missed it, second place in this group plays England in the last 16.

Could be any one of the four teams. First place will play second in group E, likely to be Belgium.

So really, nobody particularly wants to win the group?

I'd be amazed if they get past the next round. If I was the manager I'd be resting players in the hope of pulling off a miracle and getting to the Quarter Finals.

This tournament definitely has a lot of potential for a Greece or Denmark-esque winner.

Like I said in the other thread, one of Wales, Croatia, Belgium, Ireland, Sweden, Portugal, Hungary, Iceland, Austria, Northern Ireland, Slovakia, Albania or Turkey will definitely be in the final.

And in that final they will be up against a side who's had a far tougher route to it than they have. Got to go for it, teams like Hungary probably won't ever get a better chance of making an impact at a major tournament.

Archived