Groups E and F: The Final Countdown

jagfox

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear penalty and Howard Webb talking crap. The defender doesn't win the ball, he touches it, but doesn't win it. After he touches it the ball is still right in front of McClean to shoot, who is then barged down from the back. Bad enough not to give it in real time but to sit and watch replays and say that it isn't clear cut is ridiculous.

Clear penalty and Howard Webb talking crap. The defender doesn't win the ball, he touches it, but doesn't win it. After he touches it the ball is still right in front of McClean to shoot, who is then barged down from the back. Bad enough not to give it in real time but to sit and watch replays and say that it isn't clear cut is ridiculous.

Damn experts, with their bloody training and experience.

Craig Burley (the Celtic guy, not the Kilmarnock fan) agrees with you.

Lol clear penalty, but why do people go on about "he touched the ball first"?....and?!

As long as you touch the ball first you can trip bring someone down in the box?

He was wrong though. It was a foul. And it's not the first time he's blindly backed up the ref.

He said he thought it was a foul.

He just said it wasn't clear cut.

(Basically exactly like I said in a previous post. Check me, bringing sense and reason to an internet forum)

I thought it probably was a penalty, but it's definitely not clear cut.

Lol clear penalty, but why do people go on about "he touched the ball first"?....and?! As long as you touch the ball first you can trip bring someone down in the box?

It's the same way when people think that contact automatically equates you a foul.

He said he thought it was a foul.

He just said it wasn't clear cut.

(Basically exactly like I said in a previous post. Check me, bringing sense and reason to an internet forum)

I'd say it was clear cut. Can sympathise with the guy behind the goal missing it but the ref was well positioned I thought.

I'm struggling to see what isn't clear cut about getting elbowed to the ground.

Archived