Lanark Utd 2016/17

graemeb

6 hours ago, graemeb said:

Are Cumnock back at their own ground now as I think they were playing home games at Lugar last season? 

They are. All up and ready for us to christen.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lanark v Carluke tonight in Clydesdale Cup

Was pleasantly surprised on Saturday, despite losing 3-0 to Cumnock.  

The next few weeks is all about getting ready for the league kicking off.  Anyone tell me when that is incidentally?

Has been on the SJFA website for last 2 weeks a least :unsure::unsure2:

Lanark kick off their league campaign at home to Newmains on the 27th August followed by away matches at Port Glasgow and Gartcairn respectively.

We are also hosting a sports quiz night and fundraiser on Saturday August 13th with all fans welcome to come and participate alongside players and committee. It's taking place at the Chatelerault Inn in Ferniegair. Anyone interested in getting involved can speak to committee or coaching staff at matches or further info can be given here.

11 hours ago, bc57 said:

I looked there and have just checked again and still can't see anything.

Well its showing this to me,

McBookie.com Central District Second Division
Sat, 27th Aug
14:00
Lanark United F.C.-Newmains United Comm FC

Sat, 03rd Sep
Port Glasgow Juniors F.C.-Lanark United F.C.

Sat, 10th Sep
Gartcairn F.C.-Lanark United F.C.

Sat, 17th Sep
Lanark United F.C.- Vale of Leven F.C.

Under Club Fixtures/Results

edit - should add that they have changed the format of displaying fixtures and if you are going in under Forthcoming Fixtures you have to set a date to actually see the upcoming fixtures.

8 hours ago, drs said:

Well its showing this to me,

McBookie.com Central District Second Division
Sat, 27th Aug
Lanark United F.C.-Newmains United Comm FC

Sat, 03rd Sep
Port Glasgow Juniors F.C.-Lanark United F.C.

Sat, 10th Sep
Gartcairn F.C.-Lanark United F.C.

Sat, 17th Sep
Lanark United F.C.- Vale of Leven F.C.

Under Club Fixtures/Results

edit - should add that they have changed the format of displaying fixtures and if you are going in under Forthcoming Fixtures you have to set a date to actually see the upcoming fixtures.

Thanks. V helpful. I thought they must have done something but I am not sharp enough to work out what. Can't see any communication about the changes but then again, I may not be looking in the right place.

20 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 1 Carluke 1  Lanark won 4-1 on penalties

Hat off to Paul Hewitt for his shift last night, considering he returned from a heavy holiday the night before. Likewise to Mr McCrum whom , I believe hasn't been training so to last the full 90 is a credit to him.

Looking forward to seeing more of the young lad we had on the right wing on Saturday at Cumnock.

After a great result, and performance, last night, we look forward to welcoming Wishaw to Moor Park this coming Saturday. This should prove to be a great challenge with Wishaw being many people's favourites to win the league above us.

On another note, at the upcoming sports quiz evening, we intend on having a player sponsorship rally. This will help kit out our squad this year with training kit and match day tracksuits. If any fan would like to sponsor a particular player or make any contribution, but cannot make the quiz night, please get in touch by PM.

Thanks to all who turned out last night, there was a great atmosphere.

Very impressed by Lanark last night.  The young lad Kyle Maxwell stuck out amongst many excellent performances. I trust we have him signed?

Shaun Gallagher had by far and away his best performance in a Lanark jersey last night and deserved the applause he got when replaced late on.

Very impressed by Lanark last night.  The young lad Kyle Maxwell stuck out amongst many excellent performances. I trust we have him signed?

Shaun Gallagher had by far and away his best performance in a Lanark jersey last night and deserved the applause he got when replaced late on.

Delighted to confirm that Kyle has signed for the season after returning from a 4 year football scholarship in America. We're confident he will have really positive impact this year.

In terms of Sean, his ability has never been in question since scoring a hat-trick on his debut but he's been unfortunately cursed with a series of injuries since before Christmas last year. Fingers crossed he is on the road back to full fitness again!

I cannot use the SJFA website since they changed it . So much for making things easier.

I believe we have Larkhall away on Wednesday at 7. When do we play Forth away, Gow at home and whoever else we have drawn?

Another good win for Lanark yesterday at Forth. 2nd victory of the season against last season's Champions.

Team shaping up well for the season ahead. Had our 4th keeper of the season between the sticks yesterday. Not sure he is but was told he is Irish and has played at Forth previously.

Schoneville only played our first friendly at Cumnock and has been released. He was in the opposition ranks yesterday ( something upset him on the way off as he was involved in handbags with someone).

Alan McCrum made a difference to us when he arrived from his work and went on at half time. He even scored a rare goal.  Kyle Maxwell has been an excellent signing.

Had 6 penalties so far, including 4 in the Cup shoot out. We have scored 5, which is very unLanark like. Penalty misses have cost us dearly in recent seasons so long may this good run continue.

Hope the fund raiser went well last night.

Home to Albert and then the Gow on Wednesday and Saturday respectively. 

It would all come down to goal difference. Assuming we beat the Gow, we'd need to better Larkhall's result (if they win) by 3 goals.

Lanark have signed GK Andy Finnigan, formerly of Forth. Andy has played in our last 2 matches.

Thanks to everyone who made our quiz night a success at the weekend and to all our sponsors who have kindly donated to the support of the players. A full list of sponsors will follow shortly.

Only 12 players yesterday is a concern, particularly with the news that one of those players, Paul Hewitt,   has chosen to leave the club, which is a blow.

On the positives from yesterday, Sean Gallagher,  who has been excellent for us this season, moved to centre back yesterday and looked as if he'd played there for ever. Tip my cap to him.

Young keeper Brown stepped up yesterday in 2nd half and made some important saves.

No doubting the ability of the individuals that we have.  Success this season will come if we can make it gel within our team.  It's going to be an interesting season, as ever.

Archived