Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

13 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Agree, not a fan of minutes applause for fans who've passed (never join in) but will do for this man. No doubt one of the pages on FB will organise something.

I think the weight of the minute-applause has been lost completely. You could argue that the family/friends of the deceased may appreciate it, but the significance is progressively being watered down - along with the participation. I suppose it is fine if the family/friends are happy with a crescendo of bewildered claps. I'm sure there was a game this year where there were (at least) three minute-applauses?

If it has to be an applause for Sam Martinez, I say the match gets extended to 106-minutes and we applaud throughout.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really sad news. See Hibs will wear black armbands which is a lovely touch. Anyone know his story?where was he originally from and how did he come to support hibs?

He was from Belize, he was out in Leith one day and noticed there was a massive crowd going somewhere. The crowd was heading to Easter road and he just followed them and he became a Hibs fan. He would've been in his 30s which is unreal to even think about.

I'd like to think we could offer more than Dundee, but the premier league might be a good bargaining chip. Especially with him having more competition to get a starting berth with us compared to Dundee where I'm guessing he'd start for them easy. I'd like to see him sign, experienced and versatile

They lost their first choice right back this summer didn't they? Hateley would be guaranteed a start every week with them whereas he'd be right back/central midfield cover for us. 

McGeouch Hately McGinn with Shinnie running amok in front of them?

Or harsh on Fyvie/Bartley?

Archived