Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's full of weirdo c***s and I think there's about 2 people on it who aren't obnoxious, power hungry morons who actually put forward a decent opinion at times. It's by far from being the worst hibs page on Facebook however. That award goes to the Bush boy and his army of gullible radgies

46 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

That admin boy with the specs does my box in. Thinks he's the source of all knowledge when it comes to our club.

I know the one you mean, comes across as really arrogant & confrontational when someone doesn't agree with him too!! He's always the first to put the boot into others when they don't get something right as well. Complete tosser!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14743159.James_Keatings_credits_Neil_Lennon_for_whipping_Hibernian__39_s_soft_centre_into_shape/

Been impressed with just about everything Lennon has said, or been quoted as saying, since he took over. Obviously this is an outsider's perspective but I get the impression Stubbs was too stubborn to actually acknowledge our failings. That combined with a tendency to make statements that actually put more pressure on our players (well, probably more naivety with saying things that will be misquoted but still), were an unhealthy recipe for mistakes not being cut out.

It kind of worked for Stubbs overall in the sense that practically every player has talked about being extra motivated to prove people wrong. There was probably more effort put into creating a siege mentality than actually working on consistency, which ultimately led to the Cup.

For the situation we're in now, Lennon's approach is fucking spot on. Top boey.

Part of me wanted him to stay for pretty immature, GIRUY reasons. He really did rub a lot of folk up the wrong way and I still would've fancied him to win us the league this year. I would've enjoyed (another year of) the salty tears.

I always thought he was more likely to want to stay at Hibs if we lost the cup final than if we won it. Logically speaking it was the best thing for everyone to call it a day there and get someone like Lennon in.

Archived