Quarter Finals

Mr Bairn

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind Wales winning, more seethe from English press is always enjoyable.

Also never liked Belgium since the 2-2 draw at  Hampden in the '80s. I was run over by a police horse before the game. c***s

Wales game will be alot closer than people think. Their two games in qualifying only produced 1 goal ! 1-1 and Belgium to win on pens

I have a horrible feeling Wales might somehow win.

Poland v Portugal - I really, really hope Poland win.  Much as I quite like Ronaldo's "I don't give a f**k but clearly do" histrionics, unfortunately the side just aren't good enough.  And when he's playing pretty poorly like he is now, trying far too hard, it weakens them even more.  Poland on the other hand actually look like a team.  If Portugal are to win, then it's going to be an absolute shitfest of a game, just like Croatia.  It'll be low-scoring, so I'll go for 2-1 Poland.  And Ronaldo tears.

Belgium v Wales - hard one to judge.  Belgium looked very impressive last time out, but they've done that before at times and reverted to type.  If they got someone in that was better than Wilmots they could be very dangerous, but they're stuck with him for now.  I can see it either being an absolute battering for Wales in the 4 or 5 territory, or Wales will win.  I don't think I could handle the latter to be honest, particularly with their fans.  I'll go a Belgium win, 3-0

France v Iceland - think it'll be one step too far for Iceland.  France haven't really hit top gear, but they could and probably should have taken far more off of Ireland than they did.  If Iceland can lift themselves physically for the battle, they could push them close, but I can't help but feel that we might get a similar game to the Ireland one where France just run away with it in the end.  2-0 France

Germany v Italy - Incredibly difficult to judge.  I want Germany to go through, but Italy have done it before against Germany.  Hopefully this is when Germany really fire, similar to the Brazil semi two years ago.  1-0 Germany

Germany's record against Italy is abysmal and it must be hanging over them that they have failed to beat Italy in 8 Finals ties. Antonio Conte has been the coach of the tournament by a distance, they haven't conceded a goal thanks to the rock solid defence and have been worthy winners against two strong sides in Belgium and Spain. Germany's best performance was against Slovakia in the Rnd of 16 so they may be coming good at the right time but before they struggled to break down Poland, could only score once against N. Ireland and have relied on Neuer to keep them in games at times. Prediction Germany 0 Italy 2

Um, Italy have conceded (albeit their reserves) - they lost 1-0 to Ireland.

Germany are actually the only team not to concede as yet.

Archived