Dunfermline v Dumbarton (league opener) match thread

27 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Signing?!

Settle for 0-0 right now, the way we've been leaking goals has been frightening.

Dang iPad

Although *insert name of terrible singer here* would be better than some of our defenders, eh? Badum tish.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Dang iPad

Although *insert name of terrible singer here* would be better than some of our defenders, eh? Badum tish.

IIRC! RUud Guillitt (sp) could sing and play a bass guitar. He'd do!

Last time we won the league and unfurled the flag then played a team from the west many Pars fans thought we'd beat in the opening game it was a dull as ditchwater 0-0 with the only interesting thing happening a Hardie free kick which went over the bar. With our injury list at the moment it wouldn't surprise me of this was the result on Saturday. 

We have scored one goal away from home in the league since 19 December 2015. We haven't won away from home since 5 December 2015.  Unless we secure some spectacular signings before Saturday, I can't see us getting even a 0-0, based on us averaging three goals conceded per game in the League Cup. Is Andy Geggan suspended for this game?

Andy Geggan is quite obviously our best player. Without him, our midfield is really hopeless.

Hopefully AJ has learned that a 4-4-1-1 with Rhys McCabe as a winger just plainly doesn't work for us and we look like total schoolboys trying to play with that formation. Would like to see us line-up like this:

Hutton

Martin (if Fordyce is fit then I think he should start at RB)
BRE
Ashcroft
Talbot

Higgy
Geggan
Wedderburn
Cardle

Reilly
Moffat

I really hope Reilly is going to be fit. We simply don't function without two out and out strikers. 

Depends on what team we put out.

If we can get our guys fit and we make a couple of loan signings then we could well spoil the party atmosphere. If we can't, and we maybe have a poor result against Clydebank in our annual friendly, then Dunfermline will win.

We're hardly a team full of fit and able players either, we've been playing two forwards at centre mid for the last 2 games and one of them got injured in the first half on Saturday. It looks to me like we're hoping Darren Barr will make it through our game with the Bankies tonight and be good to go on Saturday, coupled with making a loan signing or 3 before Saturday, but I have the fear that we're starting this match with 11 players and a sub goalie.

Brown

Pettigrew  --  Buchanan  --  Wright  --  Docherty

Smith  --  Stevenson  --  Todd  --  Stirling

Thomson  -  McCallum

Subs: Barclay, Clark, Kassarate.

That is literally all we have fit/not suspended and Clark and Kassarate won't be used as Stevie doesn't think they're ready. Fraser Wright is also apparently injured but has been playing on as we've got no one else. Unless we get a couple of loans in (a defensive midfielder of sorts hopefully) and Darren Barr back then I can't see past a home win.

Do we go into this game as favourites? Still dont know what we are going to produce at the moment. A few players have come into the first team, maybe need to "gel" and injuries galore at the moment. Totally up in the air. 

1 minute ago, Stoo61 said:

Do we go into this game as favourites? Still dont know what we are going to produce at the moment. A few players have come into the first team, maybe need to "gel" and injuries galore at the moment. Totally up in the air. 

Yes absolutely you do, as The Moonster says in his post we have 10 fit senior players at the moment. That combined with the fact we haven't won an away game since December 2015 and the prospect of a decent home crowd doesn't exactly fill me with any hope at all.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Yes absolutely you do, as The Moonster says in his post we have 10 fit senior players at the moment. That combined with the fact we haven't won an away game since December 2015 and the prospect of a decent home crowd doesn't exactly fill me with any hope at all.

So we're humped then. :huh:

I actually forgot it was at home. 

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If any part of the final result reads "Dunfermline 0" I'll buy you pint, Shandon.

We're pretty toothless, and if you're as injury ravaged as you say, you'll probably set up to be hard to break down. 

Archived